Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 mach 1 CJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 05 mach 1 CJ

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

Heck, my car has cobra emblems and even the 07 GT 500 concept car side stripes. Yeah, some don't like it but I'm pretty sure not a single 05/06 on this site is even close to running with me at the track. I already run low 11's and the new motor is finally going in next week to run mid 10's motor, high 9's on juice.
Dude, I'd say you've earned putting whatever the he** emblems you want on your car You could put a giant scoop on the hood and "Boss 429" stickers on the side and I'd say you're still doing the marque proud
Old 03-17-2006, 10:18 PM
05 mach 1

ORIGINAL: 05 mach 1

# 1 I have been looking at post after post for months on this forum and see people put all kinds of stripes , decals, bull horns ,ect on there cars . The mustang is and always will be a car that people want to customize to there own specifications . # 2 If I could have been able to buy a 2005 Mach 1 I would have but as you know ford is going to shove out as many base cars as it can before they bring out the candy . They know that at leat half of the sales on GT s now will also be new sales for the Machs and cobras to come . Basicly they know how to milk us . # 3 I am almost 52 and when I was 18 I had a 69 Mach 1 CJ with Hurst Shifter . ( yes I wish I still had it ) anyway making this car to look like the old days has been fun for me . I am sending Pics to fords web site maybe they will get a kick out off this and bring out the new mach 1 sooner . One More thing I am now working under the hood to make my GT proud and maybe powerful enough to be called Mach 1 ( no cheating here ) ken
Great attitude and welcome to the forums!!! Heck, my car has cobra emblems and even the 07 GT 500 concept car side stripes. Yeah, some don't like it but I'm pretty sure not a single 05/06 on this site is even close to running with me at the track. I already run low 11's and the new motor is finally going in next week to run mid 10's motor, high 9's on juice. I figure I can back up whatever I put on my car. My personal opinion is if you've got equal or better power than your claiming, then I don't see nothing wrong with it. I do agree a GT badge on a sixer is cheesy and If I didn't have nothing under the hood, then mine would look cheesy as well, IMO. As long as your going to give that baby a little more power (more than just a benspeed tune and pullies though) then it looks way cool. I love when people make their cars unique and their own but I kinda feel you should do it performance wise too and not just cosmetic....again, IMO.
I Have done some mods under the hood and was thinking about a blower but I was able to order a 2007 Shelby GT 500 today ! ( will post the news in a few min. on this forum ) not sure
what I am going to do with my 05 mach just yet maybe I can start a stable ? anyway thanks for the ok's on my car ! yours sounds like a monster under the hood ! please go out and take out a GTO for me !
Old 03-17-2006, 10:27 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

GTO's won't even line up with me...lol - Very few street cars will. Good luck on your GT 500 order. Maybe you have a serious connection but I feel compelled to let you know a few things...

1. Dealerships won't be receiving more than 2 cars
2. The owner of the dealership is for sure gonna keep one of them
3. Most of the dealers here in california have 'presold' the car to over 100 people (even taking deposits) knowing full well they won't get the cars. They figure it's better to string you and keep you as a customer and try to sell ya someting else down the road.

Like I said, not to be discouraging and you may have the ultimate hook-up or something, but just thought you'd want to know those little facts. I am friends with the owners of 2 dealerships (one the largest in california) and I can't even get one....
Old 03-17-2006, 10:29 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Heck, my car has cobra emblems and even the 07 GT 500 concept car side stripes. Yeah, some don't like it but I'm pretty sure not a single 05/06 on this site is even close to running with me at the track. I already run low 11's and the new motor is finally going in next week to run mid 10's motor, high 9's on juice.
Dude, I'd say you've earned putting whatever the he** emblems you want on your car You could put a giant scoop on the hood and "Boss 429" stickers on the side and I'd say you're still doing the marque proud
LOL...thanks TRES..[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 04-04-2006, 09:20 AM
pcdrj
2nd Gear Member