Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 gt supercharger + meth results

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Any concerns about the meth going through the supercharger itself? Doesn't it hurt the cooling benefits a bit to have the meth compressed? I suppose more gained than lost though?
its all positive, cools the rotors and air, reduces detonation, probably helps to keep the rotors and intercooler cleaner (its alcohol). meth is awesome and cheap, call alky control and don't look back. water/meth kits are not as good as strait meth kits cause you cant burn water.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:53 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Just a thought about water for anti detonation: the reason why it is used is to simply draw heat out of the hot combustion chamber. You are right; it does not aid in combustion concerning it being burnt along with the fuel. But it's advantage is that it has a higher specific heat meaning it can suck more heat out of the cylinder than alchohols can. Also, depending on how much water is shot in, the water vaporizing into steam can also add to pushing the piston down. There are some hypothetical engines called six stroke engines that uses the forces of steam as one of the power strokes.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Element155
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Just a thought about water for anti detonation: the reason why it is used is to simply draw heat out of the hot combustion chamber. You are right; it does not aid in combustion concerning it being burnt along with the fuel. But it's advantage is that it has a higher specific heat meaning it can suck more heat out of the cylinder than alchohols can. Also, depending on how much water is shot in, the water vaporizing into steam can also add to pushing the piston down. There are some hypothetical engines called six stroke engines that uses the forces of steam as one of the power strokes.
I'd love to try h20/meth combo to see what it produces in comparison but my pump is only engineered for strait meth, very interesting, i would also like to see what would happen if I ran the meth and my gas though a chiller to see if that might help with a more efficient release of energy. Thanks for the info. I'm currently paying for the trans to be upgraded and engine is coming this winter but the big thing i'm considering as further chemical enhancement for next level cooling upgrade is Cry02 setup with fuel blocks and heat exchanger sprayer.