Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gt500 pump install?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 12:42 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default gt500 pump install?

Was wondering what a round about price for a gt500 fuel pump system install would be for my 2010. I really would like to add a BAP but supposedly JDM wont tune for it. So its either I go with the gt500 pumps and go with JDM for the dyno tune, or get a BAP and go somewhere else for a dyno tune. I kinda wanna kick myself in the *** cause I know I should just went with a dyno tune from the beginning. Could just get the BAP and a dyno tune from evolution performance =D

Yes I am a worry wort and this being my daily driver I want the car to be perfect. Make a nice amount of horsepower while staying a decent amount away from the limits of the car.

Last edited by grabber blue gt; 07-27-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:56 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Not sure what it would cost but its a PITA job and usually the jobs are a bit more pricey. Im wondering why they wont tune for a bap. Sounds odd to me. Brenspeed has been running bap's on there cars for a while now without any issues. I had asked about the reliability of them b/c i may some day get there stage 3 saleen package which requires a bap and injectors and all that. But I know there are some things that brenspeed wont tune b/c they are not comfortable with it. So who knows.

IF I was u I would just call that tuning company and see what they charge and then call brenspeed and have them give you a quote then u will have a generall idea
Old 07-27-2011, 01:05 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I know most people run boost a pumps and have no problems at all. I am not looking to do any more power mods, besides maybe a throttle body so I can use a gt500 CAI, just dont want to max out the fuel pumps or anything. I know the gt500 install is a PITA thats why I would 100% have a shop for it, but is it really worth the extra cash. I am not sure why JDM doesnt tune for it, but the extra cost for the pumps + install + the sept. 15 wait time is pushing me away from JDM.

I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about JDM, and JIM is extremely helpful with any questions or problems I go to him with plus there tranny tune is AMAZING. The thing that makes me want to wait for them is because they deal with roush cars all the time, but the extra cash is A LOT that can be spent to upgrade the driveshaft or getting an afco heat exchanger.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Do the BAP and be happy with it. If the BAP is good enough for Kenne Bell to supply with their blowers (that can overpower your M90), I think you'll be fine.

JDM is likely just covering their behind because I'm sure they've seen problems. Think of the sheer volume of cars/trucks they see...wow.

The GT500 pumps are cool, and would be a very nice insurance policy, but they aren't needed. Especially with the "low" power levels you are running.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

But what about the tuning issue? Is JDM's tune worth the extra cash for the gt500's + install? JDM is known for their roush tuning but also evolution performance builds some sick stangs. Heres there website to check them out for anyone not familiar with them http://www.evoperform.com/shop/
Old 07-27-2011, 02:12 AM
gabb
1st Gear Member

I have a BAP that I was going to put on with my M90, this was only as a precaution to any fuel related problems that may come up. I would still do the dual fuel pumps if I had some extra cash to splash, but the BAP would see me through until then.

From what I've read the BAP is more than enough and the dual pumps would be overkill but I like over kill, especially as my car and yours are daily drivers. It's just that the cost for the dual pump setup puts it a little beyond what I would consider reasonable, especially our setup. On a more powerful SC for sure, but the m90 shouldn't need it.

I'm still waiting for my SC as the original one I ordered broke in shipping and I couldn't get another. But I bought a bunch of other stuff that I wanted to install the same time. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get you SC from? And how much?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:19 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Exactly my point! I would have no problem laying out the cash if I was going to forge my motor and run 600rwhp with a whipple, but for running an m90 at around 420rwhp I really dont want to spend $1k to upgrade my fuel system. It would be nice but its cash I dont have to spend right now when a boost a pump is only $250. I think I am going to go with a dyno tune from Evolution Performance and just get a BAP. This is all if they can get me in before JDM's sept. 15, but I have a friend on another forum who has connections with them so we shall see ;]

edit - I got my m90 from a performance shop down in texas (Maximum Velocity) used for $3100

Last edited by grabber blue gt; 07-27-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:30 AM
gabb
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Exactly my point! I would have no problem laying out the cash if I was going to forge my motor and run 600rwhp with a whipple, but for running an m90 at around 420rwhp I really dont want to spend $1k to upgrade my fuel system. It would be nice but its cash I dont have to spend right now when a boost a pump is only $250. I think I am going to go with a dyno tune from Evolution Performance and just get a BAP. This is all if they can get me in before JDM's sept. 15, but I have a friend on another forum who has connections with them so we shall see ;]
Perfect, shop around for the BAP, I got by KB BAP for $200 shipped from eBay. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

I'm sure the last thing you wanna listen to is some 40 year old guy like me with 20 years of pro ASE Master mechanic experience under his belt tell you something but here it is. Call Chris Jones at Blow By Racing. They are a Roush dealer. They tune Roush cars all damn day long with cams, headers AND BAPS! BBR remotely tuned my car and it is a beast from hell. I run a BAP and I also have Hot Rod cams.

Don't make this whole thing any more complicated than it is. You've got a common supercharger kit, not some high horse piece meal build with rare or proprietary components. You don't need GT pumps! However, I am looking forward to your next thread titled..."So hey guys, what cams should I buy?". LOL!!!! And yes, my recommendation with be Blow By Racing for those as well.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 AM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

There are other options. I just don't like the idea of stressing your stock pump above what it was designed for which is what the BAP does.

Quick Reply: gt500 pump install?