Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

+1 To American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Nope. Just order the correct fluid. Multi Vehicle synthetic ATF... idk about the diff fluid

Last edited by stags; 08-03-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

I guess I'll shoot AM an e-mail. Or maybe the fluid guru's from this forum will chime in and let me know.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 PM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

How many guys run the 0w-30 Signature series? Obviously oil life, and fuel economy, I would think, going to a "0" weight would be better for cold start up to get oil flowing quicker and easier.

And yes, AmsOil is probably the better choice. I run it in all my vehicles and motorcycles.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
Royal Purple and filters also. Royal Purple is better.....LOL.
You mean the Royal Purple filter that attempted to copy Amsoil EaO oil filters? Is still isn't as good, they skimped on the silicone bypass valve and even thought the media looks the same, it isn't the same.

Originally Posted by stags
I put RP synchromax in my tranny a month ago. My formerly mild occasional third gear grind became severe and worrysome. Ran it for about 3 weeks, all the while the grind was getting more frequent and nasty. Finally said OHSHI better dump RP BEFORE you destroy your transmission. Put in AMSOIL products and havent had an issue since.

Moral of the story- After just about destroying my third gear synchro with RP tranny fluid, I switched to Amsoil. No issues, better performance.

I will NEVER again use an RP product
Funny you should post this. The first T56 (factory built) in my 1999 Trans Am became a grind house with Royal Purple Synchromax eventually leading to a complete rebuild. After that, it was only Amsoil ATF. The same rebuilt transmission is still working flawlessly today.

Last edited by Unleashedbeast; 08-04-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

No way I would pay American Muscle's prices for it. You can sign up as a preferred customer @ Amsoil to buy it at dealer cost.

Originally Posted by eddypython
ok. damn it. Which one is better cuz I did research on the forums and the general consesus is RP and I was about to change ALL my fluids in the car to RP. I have an appointment with my garage next weekend and with my tranny, differential, coolant etc.

And I should prolly make a different thread for this question.
The oil guru is already here...and he is reading your post right now.

Amsoil ATF is the absolute BEST lubricant I have ever used in any of my Tremec transmissions. This includes the T56, T3650, and the T6060 in my Shelby.

The factory Mercon V fill from Ford was notchy, and with an occasional grind on the 1-2 shift. Amsoil ATF solved all of those issues.

I understand American Muscle is a sponsor...but why buy from there when you can buy Amsoil @ dealer cost as a preferred customer?

Originally Posted by SON OF 68
How many guys run the 0w-30 Signature series? Obviously oil life, and fuel economy, I would think, going to a "0" weight would be better for cold start up to get oil flowing quicker and easier.
I used it exclusively in my 2008 GT. Check out a thread I created for it.

CAFE Laws - efficiency thread

Originally Posted by SON OF 68
And yes, AmsOil is probably the better choice. I run it in all my vehicles and motorcycles.
Amsoil is the best motorcycle lubricant I have ever used. It makes the clutch shift so smooth, I refuse to use anything else. No more notchy shifter feelings like it had with Mobil 4T bike oil.

Last edited by Unleashedbeast; 08-04-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:07 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Which is better Royal purple - Amsoil?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
Which is better Royal purple - Amsoil?
I can tell you this. The new Royal Purple engine oil additive pack has been changed (reduced ZDDP anti-wear additive) to conform to the new API SN certifications. To get the classic Royal Purple level of protection, you have to buy the new HPS (High Performance Street) line or older XPS race oil. I don't believe the HPS or XPS are as easy to find in stores.

If you are talking about transmission fluids...I'm not a fan of Synchromax due to previous experiences. I've never tried their MaxATF fluid though, so no comment there.

Amsoil also has API SN certified fluids, but only in the OE and XL lines. Amsoil's signature series is their best, and the 0W-30 is a great fluid for the year round use in a 4.6L or 5.0L Mustang. If the car is never used in temperatures less than 32*F, I even recommend the use of 10W-30.

Team Shelby - Why 10W-30

^ Read post #30 and #31 to understand why.

Last edited by Unleashedbeast; 08-04-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:45 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

this is completely unrelated, i just want to add that
americanmuscle is the greatest site.

You wont find an FRPP product cheaper anywhere else and that without the 6% discount, when you factor that in its such a great deal!!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

AM is a great place to buy parts, especially with the 6% discount code. Although, I have the ability to buy Amsoil products cheaper directly from Amsoil. Anyone can do it by becoming a preferred customer.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

AMSoil. I'm sold.

Quick Reply: +1 To American Muscle