Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Ford Mustang GT With Carbon Fiber Stripes - North Dallas, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 08:56 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Looking through the site, I like the idea of the bumper paint protection film kit... but at $349 for a Roush lower bumper kit, not including install, I don't see the benefit over just getting the bumper repainted.

What would really be great though would be a vinyl that could be applied prior to a road trip and discarded (bugs and all) when you arrive at the destination, obviously this would have to be at a disposable price, but as a disposable item would not have to have perfect fit.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:48 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Products look good. I'll probably be picking up your dark film headlight/foglight/turn signal kit here soon. Bought some cheap tint that looks ok but after seeing your product on Baker's ride and hearing his good words in multiple posts, I'll be making that investment.

One question though, the headlight/foglight/turn signal protective film- do you install just as you would a vinyl sticker?
Old 08-31-2011, 02:12 AM
shelbybob

Originally Posted by danzcool
Looking through the site, I like the idea of the bumper paint protection film kit... but at $349 for a Roush lower bumper kit, not including install, I don't see the benefit over just getting the bumper repainted.

What would really be great though would be a vinyl that could be applied prior to a road trip and discarded (bugs and all) when you arrive at the destination, obviously this would have to be at a disposable price, but as a disposable item would not have to have perfect fit.
griotsgarage.com sells disposable vinyl wrap just for that purpose.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:12 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shelbybob
griotsgarage.com sells disposable vinyl wrap just for that purpose.
Nice.
May have order a roll.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 AM
XPEL
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Products look good. I'll probably be picking up your dark film headlight/foglight/turn signal kit here soon. Bought some cheap tint that looks ok but after seeing your product on Baker's ride and hearing his good words in multiple posts, I'll be making that investment.

One question though, the headlight/foglight/turn signal protective film- do you install just as you would a vinyl sticker?

You can install it wet with a water alcohol solution 10% alcohol (isopropyl)and the rest water. A heat gun is also recommended for more difficult installs with contours. (Youca also use a high powered hair dryer as well) I have attached a grainy video of an install but you will be able to see how it is done.

http://www.youtube.com/xpelpaintprot.../1/dkvd72HT5aA
Old 08-31-2011, 09:24 AM
XPEL
Former Sponsor

Default Install Prices...

Originally Posted by danzcool

I would recommend that you visit our dealer locator on our homepage www.xpel.com. Most of our installers will charge a price very close to the retail price with the installation included.