Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3V Cam Install Video, Brenspeed Detroit Rockers & Freedom Racing Tools

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Default 3V Cam Install Video, Brenspeed Detroit Rockers & Freedom Racing Tools

We thought you may enjoy this video on using Freedom Racing tools for a 3V cam install. If you need more info on these tools you can use this link below to head over to www.brenspeed.com

FREEDOM TOOL AND DIE 3v VALVE SPRING COMPRESSOR
The above link is for the 3V valve spring compressor

FREEDOM TOOL AND DIE 3v TIMING CHAIN WEDGE
The above link is for the timing chain wedge tool

We use both the above tools on a weekly basis at our installation facility. They have worked out very very good over the last couple years! Also they are MADE IN THE USA!!!

[youtube]zRWB4kRDRQ8[/youtube]

Here is a couple video's of the Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Camshafts! You can also see our camshaft line up online using this link
Camshaft <--- click "Camshaft" to check out 3V cams

[youtube]imIjcfyaikA[/youtube]

[youtube]XHtWEsV3GCw[/youtube]

[youtube]bNd2RxVeGmw[/youtube]

[youtube]le1Rr026P5M[/youtube]
Old 09-09-2011, 05:51 PM
chris09
2nd Gear Member

iv got a v3 kit that is soon to be a HO kit + more boost. do you recomend the supercharged detroit rockers or the na rockers for my aplication.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:59 PM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

^^ thats the question thats on my mind. i plan on supercharging or turbo in the future. this may or may not be 5+ years down the road. depends on how everything falls into place. i would like to get cams sooner, however, the biggest thing that concerns me is that i don't want to end up wasting money on NA cams when ill be putting a blower on later.

so can cams designed for a blower work for a na setup, or can na cams work for a blower and its just not ideal? is there still some gain either way? or is it just a big waste of money and wait to do cams until after or at the same time as a blower.

i would love to have some cams to tide me over till the blower, but i would also like them to still be viable when i do get a blower.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:00 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Great video! Thanks for posting

The instructions per Hot Rod Cams install are dead on as well, and very visual if anyone has any questions about the install..
Old 09-12-2011, 08:42 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chris09
iv got a v3 kit that is soon to be a HO kit + more boost. do you recomend the supercharged detroit rockers or the na rockers for my aplication.
Honestly either camshaft is going to be fine for your setup. The supercharger grind cams were designed to have a low LSA to keep boost in the cylinder a little longer, which in turn will make everything more efficient. The N/A grind is going to give you a little more low end torque from what we have seen on our dyno.

To the guys without superchargers that want the detroit rockers, if you run the S/C cams without a supercharger you will be down on some low end power and if its going to be longer than 6 months before you get a supercharger I would just stick with the N/A version. We have tested both on our in house dyno and both cams in the exact same supercharged car make within 5-10rwhp of each other. Please dont hesitate to give us a call at 574.594.9559 if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Chandler
Old 09-12-2011, 02:35 PM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Even losing 5-10 on top might be worth picking up some low end torque by using the N/A cams on a supercharged car. Since really, the bottom end is kind of a weak point of the 4.6, be nice to pick up a little there. I mean if you're really looking to squeeze every last pony out of it, then you need to be building a forged motor to start with in my opinion.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:00 AM
davisr014
2nd Gear Member

I am running the NA cams with the E-force and am verry happy. I made ~490 HP and ~440 torque, I believe. There was a Saleen rep in the shop working on another car and he said it was one of the smoothest power curves he has seen. Brenspeed has been great working with me on the tune and every other question that I had.

Thanks Brenspeed