Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno tuned by JDM Engineering!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 04:10 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default Dyno tuned by JDM Engineering!!!

Well today was the big day and I couldnt say I could be happier. Jim Sr. said everything went fine and the way he wanted it to, and the car couldnt run any better. He said the air/fuel and everything was right where he wanted it. The car put down 408rwhp and 388rwtq!!! This is more than I made with the email tune and headers (I removed my longtubes and o/r x pipe), and Jim said on a manual this would be around 420-440rwhp. I am done with power mods for this car except for maybe an afco heat exchanger in the summer.

But out of all the good that happened today, there ofcoarse had to be some bad. I found out that my pinion seal on the rear axle is leaking, but VERY slightly. When I first got there I asked them and he said it might be the vent, there is a tsb about it, but after he looked at it he said its coming from the pinion seal. Now I remember reading last night that this was common on these cars, but even with only 15k miles?? JDM said they could do it for me for $150 but I was wondering if I could take it to the dealer and have them cover it under warranty. Only thing is, will they notice I have 4.10s in the car, cause if they do than they wont warranty it and I will end up being charged. Jim said they replace the seal through the front thought and there is no need to open up the pumpkin.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:50 PM
boss hoss
2nd Gear Member

Oh Man!!! Thats great news.. I can't imagine how happy you must be.. who wouldve know that an emissions test would lead to such great things!! Congrats on the sick news!! You got you a whole new car!! woot wooot.. that other part bites tho

Last edited by boss hoss; 09-15-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

They should do it under warranty.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:53 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

They should do it under warranty, but this is even though I have 4.10s? They have no way of knowing this though right, cause to change a pinion seal you dont have to actually open up the rear end. I was reading that its a simple 1 hour maxx job and is done from where the driveshaft meets the pumpkin
Old 09-15-2011, 05:04 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Great news bro, glad you got her dailed in. I would think any wrench worth their weight will notice that the rear end has been worked on when they start the work, so I would say its a 50/50 proposition that you will get it done under warranty.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:21 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

So have you gone outside and gotten on it yet?
Old 09-15-2011, 05:21 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

But the only way they can tell is if they opened up the rear and saw the 4.10 on the ring gear. If they are doing it from the front how would they be able to tell? The job involves umbolting the drive shaft from the pinion, unbolting the pinion and putting it off, removing the old seal, installing the new seal, than just bolt and torque everything back down to spec and check the fill level to make sure the fluid is full.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:31 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Oh I've gotten on it, and this things a whole new beast!!! Also I can finally hear the blower whine!!! I guess it was from the headers dropping the boost to 6 instead of 8psi and also the exhaust was much much louder. I love the way the car drives and everything, just this whole rear end thing has me worried now. Its not a bad leak but I have an appointment at 830am on monday at my dealer to take a look at it. I just hope they say o00o its not under warranty and look to charge me, cause that would suck!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:35 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Congrats! I was looking forward to this thread! Good luck with the dealer!

And sorry if I missed the final decision, are you keeping the stock h on all the time or putting your o/r x on in between inspections?
Old 09-15-2011, 05:41 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Thanks man! and I actually decided to just leave the stock h pipe on. Its much quieter than it was with the o/r x, but I actually think I like it. The noise was just getting annoying for everyday driving

Quick Reply: Dyno tuned by JDM Engineering!!!