Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hp concerns for gt500

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:49 PM
southpaw0680

@ bigstick, yeah cause calling me out on a technicality when I asked a simple question is so grown up. Again I know the basics I just didnt want to miss anything. & when ive been at races, car shows, etc, it's assumed that if you don't use the term to the ground or RWHP your talking overall.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Shut my mouth and smart ***?

Listen here.
First off when we talk HP on these forums and with most we talk RWHP.
Even if you weren't talking RWHP 700HP would have you at about 600RWHP WITH a 15% loss.

If you know about these cars like you just acted like you did you wouldn't be asking what the engine can handle NOR would you ask what parts you need.
Does it matter that 700RWHP would reach have you at your goal? NO.
WHY? Because you did not specify you wanted a 700RWHP car as a goal.

We are happy to help people on the forums but when we see something that does not sound right we will often call B.S. just like all forums will.
Nothing rude or wrong about it.
I don't know where you are going to what tracks or car shows but the majority everywhere in the car community talks in RWHP EXCEPT for
dealerships and magazines sometimes.

Secondly calling people names on the forum will get you banned pretty fast.
Not a smart move for a new person to the forum.

Third, we will say whatever opinions we want so don't even try to tell us to shut our mouths.

If you got butt hurt by someone calling B.S. when you state 700HP you obviously have some growing up to do.
And most of us here are mature enough not to call Chevy's P.O.S.'s.

Again we are happy to help but you need an attitude adjustment.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 09-21-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:06 PM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

Guys, guys come on now. we don't need to be jumping down each others throats. This is a hobby, a fun hobby at that but when people resort to name calling and getting angry over the net, it seems a little childish. If you don't have any input then just don't write anything or simply ask a question if your not sure what the op is asking. It makes some people here not what to post because they are afraid of scrutiny. Please keep it fun and exciting and most of all be nice...

Most do come here to learn because we all don't know everything. I am just seeing this type of stiff on here too much.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Ask pretty much anyone on the forum and they will tell you I am always more than happy to help others.

Calling something out as B.S. is not jumping down someone's throat.
It is simply saying something is not true.

But I won't sit here and neither will others while some person comes in with 5 posts
on the forum and starts calling people's names and telling them to shut up.

Like I said he won't last long at all on these forums if he keeps that up.
Maybe he should read the forum rules.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:31 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Let's uh, diffuse the situation a bit. No reason for anyone to get angry, after all, we do this for FUN, remember? So just take a step back and chill everyone. The OP wants to know how to go about getting the supposed power of his GT500 to the ground. I suggest we start from there.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:42 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Follow this guys mods and enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPEBsqL4ztM
Old 09-21-2011, 03:51 PM
southpaw0680

I agree that we all need to calm down. First however, saying something is bs is not a simple way to say its not true. a simple way to say its not true is saying thats not true. and i dont feel im immature for making a statement that sure was vulgar, but was made because someone called me out on a technicality because i didnt specify 'rwhp'. it is immature i feel to call someone out on a technicality like you did when all i asked was a simple question and wanted a simple answer. and me saying "@ such and such" is no more calling someone out than copying and pasting someones stuff back to them and critiquing it in a negative way. and like you said you all have your opinions and my opinion was that that was a smart *** thing to say to what my question pertained to. all yahll had to do was ask instead of assuming which yahll did. now ive been called worst and im sure all of yahll have too so if we are not mad enough to meet up and bare knuckle box for 12 rounds which im sure were not, means were not mad enough to continue this so i would appreciate the help with my question. i again know the basics i just wanna know what needs and doesnt need to be replaced so i dont snap an axle or something. and from now on i will be sure to specify rwhp vs flywheel. any suggestions besides the clutch and control arms. i already have really bad wheel hop in the race tune and want to get rid of it.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

you should start off with a SC change and go from there. which SC are you planning on?

for traction, you can start with some better tires. is your tires stock?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:31 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

I think all of you GT500 guys are in love. Don't ask, don't tell is gone, so just be yourselves. Erik
Old 09-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by southpaw0680
What needs to be done for my 07 shelby gt500 to be able to handle 800-900 hp? I already have about 700 & i want more.
No, you do not.
Not even at the crank.

Quick Reply: Hp concerns for gt500