Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you plan to pass your mustang along?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 03:09 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
My stepson has it in his head that he will get mine when he turns 16 (4 more years) I'm not sure that he will be ready for it, plus I have to teach him to drive stick shift since my wife doesn't know how to either. I just have a fear of handing the keys to a "powerful" car to a 16 year old. I guess it will really depend on how much he grows up in the next 4 years. Or what I can find to buy me at that time.

Sadly my son will never drive since he's blind. I would love nothing more than to be able to pass it to him.
Sorry to hear about your son. I bet he enjoys riding with you and hearing the V8 exhaust and feeling the rumble. =-)
I'm not sure if my daughter will be ready for a stick shift either, but that's all my wife and I drive. My wife learned how to drive a stick shift on a tractor and then a 4 speed car. lol
My car is a sixxer and I can change custom tune back to stock, to help reduce the HP. Maybe I can have a governer installed so she can't go pass 60 MPH!! LOL
Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Well I can tell everyone from EXPERIENCE that if you are never around power at a younger age you will never know what its like and what it can do. I was always in the car with my father (vettes, mustangs) and yeah he would always have "fun" while I was in the car. They were a little skeptical about buying me a GT as my first car, but I was smart enough to realize what its like to have all that power under your foot and what it can do to you if your stupid.

Moral of the story -- Show your kids what its really like. Also show them what it can do to you if your stupid. I'm 18 with about 500hp in my gt and drive smarter than most kids in my area with 190hp Altimas. But then again most of these kids have no common sense
Old 09-28-2011, 03:21 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

[QUOTE=kevinmalec;7701938][\quote]
I believe the SCT tuners have a mph limiter right?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:26 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

[QUOTE=kput;7701956]
Originally Posted by kevinmalec
[\quote]
I believe the SCT tuners have a mph limiter right?
I know there is a rev limiter on the SCT tuners! I would have to research, unless someone else knows?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Yupp you can set a speed limiter on the SCT
Old 09-28-2011, 03:32 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

I will definitely pass mine on to my future son... When I have one haha...
Old 09-28-2011, 03:40 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

I think my story may give you guys some good ideas. Kind of off topic, but I think its relevant to the convo.

When I was in middle school, I didnt get great grades. As and Bs, a solid 3.4 GPA. My dad, thinking I could do better, took me out to dinner the night before I started high school and told me, "Son, if you get perfect straight As all the way through high school, a perfect unweighted 4.0, I will get you a brand new mustang for graduation." I got the 4.0 and my 2009 Pony, ironically also a 4.0

Food for thought, but if I was you guys, Id make the pony an incentive for whatever you think matters. I know it sure as hell motivated me.

Not trying to tell you how to raise your kids or anything. I would just want my kid to recognize how special driving a Piny is like I do, and part of that is working for it and not having it be simply given.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Thor
2nd Gear Member

I definitely plan to keep my Stang and eventually pass it on. Mine doesn't look like any other Stang on the road so there's no reason to get rid of this beautiful machine. The only problem is that I dislike children so I don't know who I'm going to pass it on to lol.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Hell ya...maybe not his first car, but he already loves driving in it.

Helped me install the Super Charger

...and even helps daddy clean!

Last edited by Roy_R; 09-28-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:28 PM
aero86
2nd Gear Member

mine was built the same year and month that my youngest son was born, 10/05. so, im thinking of hanging onto it for 10 more years. lol

Quick Reply: Do you plan to pass your mustang along?