Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra Terminator or 2012 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:50 AM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Never heard of that but I have read that Nissan would not cover your warranty if you used the launch control feature so many times back to back - you'd have to drive a certain distance before using it again to let the transmission cool down I believe.

My 5.0 has a lot of features I love that the GT-R doesn't for a daily driver such as a glass roof, ambient lighting, heated seats, and Sync. GT-R would be more of a track car like buying a base model 5.0 or a BOSS Mustang - both of which lack features found on premium models.

I've seen maybe 3 GT-R's in Vegas and I get all giddy when I see them as well as every time I see a Shelby. The one thing I love about Mustangs is the ability to make it your own with all the aftermarket parts available for them. To me, most every GT-R and I'll throw Camaro in there, they all look the relatively the same aside from aftermarket wheels people put on that I'll notice.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

I'd get the Termi, upgrade the supercharger and a few other mods, and stomp all over any 5.0 I come across just because eveyone and their grandma act like the 5.0 is the freakin god of all Mustangs.

(of course I want a 5.0 pretty bad so my answer is based on only theoretically if I was to chose between Termi and 5.0)
Old 10-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Ricardo
I'd get the Termi, upgrade the supercharger and a few other mods, and stomp all over any 5.0 I come across just because eveyone and their grandma act like the 5.0 is the freakin god of all Mustangs.

(of course I want a 5.0 pretty bad so my answer is based on only theoretically if I was to chose between Termi and 5.0)
Great post. True words.
(Not saying anything bad about the 5.0. It is awesome. Just pointing out what he said about everyone's attitude
towards the 5.0)

And funny post as well!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I still can't get used to the new rear of the Mustangs.
The 5.0 still looks much better as far as looking like a Mustang, than the termi in my opinion.
The termi looks great as a car, sleek even now, and sexy, but to me does not say "Mustang", as I view a Mustang.

The new Mustang is an AWESOME car overall however, as far as the rear end goes they could have done much better.

When it comes to the new 5.0/Mustang's rear I'm still kinda like,

Ewwwww.......
!!!!!

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 10-04-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I'd take the termi without thinking twice as long as it doesn't have a ton of miles and isn't a DD. Still love the 5.0s but an 03/04 Cobra is my realistic dream car (along with an 87 GN)
Old 10-04-2011, 12:34 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
You sound like me when I had saved up my money for a man's 70 Mach 1 a couple of streets down from me.
It was orange with a black stripe.

That's what made me fall in love with Mustangs.
I saw it in his driveway and knew it was a Mustang but did not know anything about Mustangs really.
But this thing was a BEAST and I knew that much just by it sitting there.
And I knew THAT was the car I wanted and something about it told me it
was a dream car then and there.

Saved up my money... took my dad to talk with the guy and test drove it.
He drove it not me. I can still remember how it felt to ride in it and how AWESOME it sounded. This was back in the early 90's.
I had NEVER had interest in an "old" car before that.
I was young and had the mindset old cars were pieces of crap.
But I KNEW this car was special from the moment I first saw it
parked in his driveway.

Again I fell in love with it instantly. After the drive my dad got out and said, "That's one hell of a Mustang, but there's no way IN hell I'm going to let you buy it."

He thought it was too much for me being that young and it probably was.
Nevertheless I was heartbroken.

I still want to own that EXACT Mustang someday.

Later on the Shelby GT500 also became a dream car of mine.
Low and behold we have one now!

Hopefully I can also have that 1970 Orange Mach 1 with the black stripe and have
them parked right next to each other!
(I wouldn't trade the GT500 for it though... no WAY)
haha yea i want to buy the exact one. i know the guy we sold it to so one day i plan on getting it lol
Old 10-04-2011, 12:55 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
2012 5.0 no question. Intake/Tune/Exhaust/BOSS intake manifold/4.10/Dr's... **** on everyone while enjoying your heated seats and the sync girl's sexy voice.
I'd say get the Termi... Do the intake/pulley/exhaust/tune and Walk the modded 5.0 with room for improvement with the forged internals down the road. Not to mention that the SOUND of the 03/04 termi is AMAZING with a lontubes and borlas. It is an older car, so warranty coverage is out the door, but if your looking at making major performance mods, warranty wouldn't matter in most cases with either of them.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:26 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Now that you mention it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSN4BqRVtAY

Gawd, a 5.0 will NEVER sound this good or be this badass. Just the sound of the S/C and that engine and the evil and badass look of this car gives me wood 100X bigger than I ever will with my 5.0. DROOOL
Old 10-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I always have loved that video and it is the best sounding Mustang I have EVER
heard!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:26 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

http://www.streetfire.net/video/snake-bite-2_67400.htm

Quick Reply: Cobra Terminator or 2012 5.0