Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help, went over a curb.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 03:41 PM
elperucho

Smile please help, went over a curb.

"im sorry but i couldnt find the right place to post this thread im new here so please bare with me"

it was raining heavily here in miami and a dog past by my car and it was a narrow road so i tried turning and went over a curb and only my front left wheel was over the curb, after that i managed to get my car out with help and while driving the steering wheel isn't straight, its at an odd angle to drive it straight.

Also, i think i lost some power because in 1st gear its not picking up as quick and it only reads around 20mph when im hitting 3rd gear, but after a little while the needle picks it up.another thing is that at times the car is tilting to the right, like a jerky motion to the right. i just bought this car i love it and everything but i'm not sure what i should do, does ford have warranty for this? it only has 820miles, and the warranty says it wont cover going over curbs but i'm not sure.

thank you in advance.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:01 PM
elperucho

for real , hopefully my insurance doesnt require a police report because if then i'd really be looking at something big.

thank you anyway
Old 10-08-2011, 04:09 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Since it was an accident, not failure due to manufacturing, it's probably going to be out of your pocket or through insurance. Either way you'll probably need to have work done on it. Sorry man.

Rain + mustang = don't do anything brash.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:14 PM
aero86
2nd Gear Member

idk about the other problems, but the steering problem sounds like you definitely bent something. hopefully its just a tie rod. get it looked at quick, otherwise youll start wearing out the tires..
Old 10-08-2011, 09:21 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

I would have it checked out, and stop driving it until you do so. Steering wheel at a angle, and car tilting to the right, sounds like you did some pretty good damage. Warranty will not cover this.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:48 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by elperucho
Also, i think i lost some power because in 1st gear its not picking up as quick and it only reads around 20mph when im hitting 3rd gear, but after a little while the needle picks it up.another thing is that at times the car is tilting to the right, like a jerky motion to the right.
Could be a lot of things. You may have an issue with your left front suspension. As well as a problem with the speed sensors.

Originally Posted by elperucho
and while driving the steering wheel isn't straight, its at an odd angle to drive it straight.
It may just be that the curb threw your steering out of alignment.

Main point. Go get it checked out by a professional. Defiantly not a warranty issue.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

At the least, it sounds like you severly knocked it out of alignment. But since these S197's are pretty fragile when it comes to bumps and bruises, you probably bent something, too. Take it in and have the front end checked out. You have to pay to play.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:30 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

If there is front end damage insurance should pay less your deductible
Old 10-09-2011, 08:37 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

I had similar happen not so long ago with a nice giant gaping hole in the roadway here. Bent the tie-rod and did some other front end damage causing the steering wheel and driving all in all to be off. No sensor damage though.

I still don't think mine has been the same since, as the rear left muffler still sticks out about an inch further than the other side(passenger side, and it's jammed up against the rear melting it slightly), so I think that got slammed somewhere down it's line possibly pinching the flow a bit, and giving it a leak in addition. Guaranteed it won't be a simple alignment fix slamming over a curb.

Last edited by wayne613; 10-09-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
If there is front end damage insurance should pay less your deductible
NOT what I'd file a claim for but that's just me...

Quick Reply: please help, went over a curb.