Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Wash for convertible

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:26 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

^touchless would be you best bet...one of those places that has the hose, you just have to select through what you want to do...now those places also have a boars hair brush that erupts with foam...DON'T use it...people there just rub it all over their paint and put it right back...there could be so much crud on that thing, you'd be dragging it all over your paint and put a ton of swirls and scratches...just go through the tire cleaner, pre-soak, wash, foam conditioner(should be at all locations) wax, and final rinse...you MIGHT put minor swirls in your car but it's your best option otherwise
Old 10-28-2011, 02:20 AM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JBklynStang
To all. Assuming washing it myself is not an option. What'd my best option
I am assuming that this is because you don't have access to a spicket (because you live in an apartment for example).

As long as there is not a line behind you, you could wash your car by hand in the touchless. Spray it down to get initial loose dirt off and fill a bucket about 3/4 full before your time runs out. Foam up the car and then top off your bucket to get soapy water. Then wash you car with your bucket and micro-fiber hand mit (or cloth). Last, spray it off again. If you want to wax, then do that too. If there is still no-one waiting behind you, dray her off in the car wash port, otherwise, drive it out very slowly to avoid kicking up all that water that you will be standing around and dry it outside.

As it gets colder to the point, using water will cause frost bite lol, then the complete touchless idea is the best.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:05 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LordRipberger
I am assuming that this is because you don't have access to a spicket (because you live in an apartment for example).

As long as there is not a line behind you, you could wash your car by hand in the touchless. Spray it down to get initial loose dirt off and fill a bucket about 3/4 full before your time runs out. Foam up the car and then top off your bucket to get soapy water. Then wash you car with your bucket and micro-fiber hand mit (or cloth). Last, spray it off again. If you want to wax, then do that too. If there is still no-one waiting behind you, dray her off in the car wash port, otherwise, drive it out very slowly to avoid kicking up all that water that you will be standing around and dry it outside.

As it gets colder to the point, using water will cause frost bite lol, then the complete touchless idea is the best.
And if it is like around here, where they have it posted no bucket washing, and have an attendant, then you are back to drive through touchless.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:25 PM
piledriver
Banned

Originally Posted by kput
How does a car-wash put swirls in paint?
That makes no sense.
They have swirly clown water.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:38 PM
fordsmith

It is ok you can wash or wax or polish your car with the help of the different different liquid available in the market. I will suggest 3M liquid. These are really very good car waxing liquid with this you can polish or wax your car very easily and your car will shine like it was never before.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:23 PM
mikeSF
1st Gear Member

i respect everyone here who hand washes their pony. personally, i did it ONCE when my car was new and though i did an amazing job and the car looked gorgeous, i just don't want to invest that kind of time. my car sits outside uncovered at night, so it gets dirty pretty quick so i drive it through the $6 touchless wash at least once per week. sure, it isnt the best, but not everyone needs to keep showroom paint either.
It's a convertible, too. my top hasnt leaked yet and still looks good; the drive thru wash can't be THAT bad for it.

there was a time with a past pony of mine ('99 convertible) where the high pressure jet at the touchless wash overcame one of the roof seals on the drivers side and i got thoroughly soaked.