Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put a deposit on a 2012 5.0!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 06:33 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default Put a deposit on a 2012 5.0!!!

Finally went down to the dealer today, and IMHO scored!! I was originally going with a 2012 Race Red cali special, manual, hid's, comfort package, and shaker 1000, but my salesman texted me earlier today and said we have another option that they just got in TODAY.

Its a 2012 Race Red Cali Special with an AUTO (yes I got auto again) and the comfort package!! Only thing I wish it has was the HID's, but I am going to add those later on or maybe the Raxiom projectors.

I think the auto was a much better choice FOR ME, being that its my daily driver 7 days a week, I live in a congested area and honestly would much rather the automatic than have a "chance" of the mt82 problems. I am pretty happy with the decision and now have a ton of parts to sell from the 2010 ;]

Old 10-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Congrats! I love my AUTO, it's my DD and I couldn't be happier with it.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Finally went down to the dealer today, and IMHO scored!! I was originally going with a 2012 Race Red cali special, manual, hid's, comfort package, and shaker 1000, but my salesman texted me earlier today and said we have another option that they just got in TODAY.

Its a 2012 Race Red Cali Special with an AUTO (yes I got auto again) and the comfort package!! Only thing I wish it has was the HID's, but I am going to add those later on or maybe the Raxiom projectors.

I think the auto was a much better choice FOR ME, being that its my daily driver 7 days a week, I live in a congested area and honestly would much rather the automatic than have a "chance" of the mt82 problems. I am pretty happy with the decision and now have a ton of parts to sell from the 2010 ;]

that grille looks familiar...sweet ride. Cannot wait to see what you do to it!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:37 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Congrats! I have an auto 12 5.0 and don't regret it at all. I absolutely love it. You'll love the power
Old 10-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Why are you getting rid of the '10? Such a sweet ride
Old 10-31-2011, 08:07 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys!! I loved the way the car felt, MUCH MUCH smoother than my 2010 ever was even when I first got it. At 80mph on the highway it was doing around like 2k rpm whereas my 2010 is at 3k (due to the 4.10's).

I have a few plans for this car but for now I am just throwing a boss splitter on it, my roush side splitters off my 2010, my HID kit off my 2010, tinting the windows and tail lights, and the roush axle back. I have a ton of parts to sell off the 2010 (roush fascia, gt500 fuel pumps, gt500 spoiler, all stock parts from the supercharger install, and a few other things) which should cover these mods for now. Only power mods I plan on doing to this car is an intake and tune but that not until the summer. I want to put some miles on this car and make sure it has no issues.

Alec I absolutely love my 2010 and it is/was my babie but I have to let it go. After the rear end incident with the dealer I just fell out of love with the car, and NOTHING has gone right since the m90 install. I decided it was better for me to just trade it in and get a 5.0 which puts down the same power with just an intake. Theres a list of things that were going/went wrong with my 2010 and it makes me sick to my stomach that I dont feel like getting into. I stripped down the car except for the roush blower so thats the only thing I took a loss on. I am keeping my SCT and everything and selling most of the parts.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:16 PM
BigRedStang
1st Gear Member

Congratulations. I did like the look of your old mustang as well, but i'm glad you picked a red one this time. And good choice with the automatic!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:21 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

*shakes head*
Old 10-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Alec I absolutely love my 2010 and it is/was my babie but I have to let it go. After the rear end incident with the dealer I just fell out of love with the car, and NOTHING has gone right since the m90 install. I decided it was better for me to just trade it in and get a 5.0 which puts down the same power with just an intake. Theres a list of things that were going/went wrong with my 2010 and it makes me sick to my stomach that I dont feel like getting into. I stripped down the car except for the roush blower so thats the only thing I took a loss on. I am keeping my SCT and everything and selling most of the parts.
I feel ya man, seems like we all have our ups and downs with these cars. Sucks you couldn't get a chance to enjoy the blower though but best of luck with this one!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:10 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys!!

Alec - Yeah it really bugs me about this car, cause it was my first car and nothing will ever replace your FIRST car. I would much rather enjoy driving something though and hopefully this car will be done right the first time and not have all the little kinks and blockades in-between.

Quick Reply: Put a deposit on a 2012 5.0!!!