Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for more hp

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TAMPAGT07
Skinny (AND HOT) girlfriend....Very important..Let's face it, sometimes people are going to challenge you when your lady's by your side...Biggin's are fun to ride, but need to get out when the light turns green and the wheels start spinnin'.
Better sell your car and buy a Snake...then your HOT skinny girlfriend will be happy yours is bigger! I have enjoyed baiting a few HOT skinny girlfriends out of cars...just by saying..."you really should ride in this..." LOL...
Old 12-08-2011, 08:57 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TAMPAGT07
Skinny (AND HOT) girlfriend....Very important..Let's face it, sometimes people are going to challenge you when your lady's by your side...Biggin's are fun to ride, but need to get out when the light turns green and the wheels start spinnin'.
one time a ricer tried to flex in front of me and my girl in traffic.. so I whomped it it real hard, violently spinning the rear wheels with the rear end kicking out.. the exhaust was open and it sounded like a shot gun when it hit the throttle lol

he kinda stayed behind after that
Old 12-08-2011, 09:47 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Slap some Honda stickers on that bad boy. Any ricer will tell you they are worth 1000s of HP
Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 PM
smokievol
2nd Gear Member

Go with a CAI and Tune and see if you like that.
Only other Mods before a SC would be suspension and tires.
Ya gotta decide what you want out of your car and what your going to use her for, before you start spending cash on Mods you do not need, or will not need.
Unless your loaded, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Nitrous is another option if the SC price is outta reach.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

A CAI and tune does wonders but seriously if your considering outlaying the cash for a supercharger buy nothing but that. All the bolts on wont add up to the pure joy of being supercharged. I know I did nearly every one of them and guess what? It wasnt enough.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:51 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Ditto.. why spend a small fortune for hp that will eventually be completely dwarfed by a supercharger anyways? A supercharger @ 10 psi will put out enough power to max out the stock motor safely (450+whp).

Even at a modest 8 psi on my V3 (when not intercooled), my first test drive.. I was like "Holy ****..".. at 10 psi I was like "HOLY ****!!" lol
Old 12-09-2011, 06:51 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DHILL ENC
Thanks guys that's basically what I was looking for. And the s/c is coming but I figured getting the cheaper stuff out of the way will help once I get it. Next question is which do you prefer as far as superchargers go?
Hey man, congrats on starting the mods!

Here's my opinion. If you plan on going with a supercharger sooner rather than later, I wouldn't waste the dollars on the CAI or UDPs since they are going to be replaced by the s/c kit anyway...and would then focus on some suspension mods to help get that s/c power to the ground...and some tires. Power ain't nothing without being able to lay it down.

If you plan on supercharging soon, here's something to think about doing to satisfy the hp bug: one of the first things I did to my car when I first got it was a 93 tune. Laid down 289whp/307wtq...just on a tune. Seems like a pretty healthy boost to me. Check the dyno:

If you're going FI, you might want to bypass the CAI and UDPs and anything else that is going to have to be removed when installing the kit. This is only going to save dollars...and that's a good thing, because this game called "modding" gets expensive. Granted, you can always turn around and sell the CAI, UDPs, etc...but whatever.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:29 AM
flounderlipps
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Did you know that if you bought a supercharger kit outright, it'll save you MORE in the long run in terms of spending money here and there on little mods?

It's true.

By that time, you would have spent about as much or MORE than a good supercharger kit! lol
Dosen't get much more clear then that
Old 12-09-2011, 08:41 AM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

I have stock exhaust manifolds and exhaust minus the borla stinger mufflers and added the hot rod cams with the bama tune and gained 25 rwhp. The longtubes will definately bump that number up more though. That will be my next upgrade. The comp cams from what I have seen only give 2-8 more horspower and they dont give the sound of the hotrod cams which is what I went for. As far as headers, that depends on if you want cheap or quality. I'm going for quality so its not going to be cheap.

For now you should just get cai and a tune, that alone will probably gain 15-20 rwhp