Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Air Induction Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 10:45 PM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Default Cold Air Induction Question

I had a Boss Intake installed on my 2011 and ever since I can now hear a strange whistle/ringing sound at 55 to 70 MPH with only light throttle. The noise is on the driver side of the car. I took it back to the shop and they pinpointed the sound coming from a hose on the CAI to the cabin of the car. They believe there is an air imbalance at certain RPM/Speed and that this hose carries the sound into the cabin. He also said that he went online and found where people removed that hose and capped it off to eliminate such noises. I was wondering if anyone on here knew what this hose was for and any suggestions on what to do? Help is appreciated. I attached a picture with nice arrows pointing to the hose

Old 12-15-2011, 10:57 PM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

not sure about the solution to your problem, but thats one sweet looking engine bay
Old 12-16-2011, 12:13 AM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevilay
not sure about the solution to your problem, but thats one sweet looking engine bay
Thanks... Still have a few cosmetic things planned for her but I am slowly getting there.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:24 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Brian,

That sound typically occurs when installing CAI kits as they run an open filter element and will just be "louder" than the enclosed/thick plastic stock unit. It's not something that's causing harm, but it can be an annoyance for sure. If you want to remove that line(it's called a sound-tube) you certainly can. That's what we have done on all of our 2011+ models. Removing the line and blocking off the hole in the intake should eliminate that sound from infiltrating the cabin.

I hope this helps, sir! Thank you for bringing this to my attention! Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns in the future! Have a great weekend!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:38 PM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung
Brian,

That sound typically occurs when installing CAI kits as they run an open filter element and will just be "louder" than the enclosed/thick plastic stock unit. It's not something that's causing harm, but it can be an annoyance for sure. If you want to remove that line(it's called a sound-tube) you certainly can. That's what we have done on all of our 2011+ models. Removing the line and blocking off the hole in the intake should eliminate that sound from infiltrating the cabin.

I hope this helps, sir! Thank you for bringing this to my attention! Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns in the future! Have a great weekend!
Thanks Chris... Appreciate the awesome support as always!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:25 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by delusiondejavu
Thanks Chris... Appreciate the awesome support as always!

My pleasure, Brian! That's what I'm here for!

Have a great rest of the weekend, sir!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung
My pleasure, Brian! That's what I'm here for!

Have a great rest of the weekend, sir!
No your just here to drool over all the shiny mustangs. The fact you give advice is just a side. Benefit
Old 12-20-2011, 05:05 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lem-06
No your just here to drool over all the shiny mustangs. The fact you give advice is just a side. Benefit
LOL!!!! don't tell my bosses that! They think I'm here working!