Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ironworker433
so hows the 808 doing i miss it there and all of my fam that still lives there ..
Love the 808.....it's nice and cool now, love the winters.

What excuse is the dealer giving you? It's bizarre that they would let this go so far.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:39 AM
ironworker433

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Love the 808.....it's nice and cool now, love the winters.

What excuse is the dealer giving you? It's bizarre that they would let this go so far.

they blame it on my job ... but i dont get it because i work for a union... we just dont stay with one company ..... we bounce all over the place... i gave them my bank state ments so it can prove that im getting money in...
Old 12-19-2011, 12:04 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

I would see if your bank would just approve a loan for the amount of the original sale and be done with them. If the dealership secures the loan for you (instead of one you secured) they benefit. Usually, if they get you a loan it will probably be with a higher interest rate, they get a kickback, and they make money on you coming and going.

Don
Old 12-19-2011, 12:52 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

So the dealership doesn't care to get paid? Have you mentioned that you haven't been able to get financing? From what it sounds like, this is leading you to owing a big bill at the end of this fiasco (I.E. total amount of the car). Something about this whole thing doesn't sound right. Are they letting people take 2012's without any money or obligation whatsoever?
Old 12-19-2011, 01:00 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

will they have to give me the car for free if they cant get me financed
Highly unlikely. I still say you need to speak to your states' consumer lending agency and find out any legality or details if there are any..

More than likely, the signed contract you have probably does not stipulate that it is contigent on the successful completion of financing by the dealership... My fear is that you may be on the hook like alkemist said for the entire purchase price if you wait for this to play out too long.

Good luck,
Don
Old 12-19-2011, 01:02 PM
ironworker433

they gave me a payment amount and how many months till paid off.... when i signed the paperwork.... i have been waiting for the payment book and to where i have to send the payment....
Old 12-19-2011, 01:59 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

I may be sounding paranoid, but I think you need to CYA starting now.

1) Start taking payments to the dealership and having the finance manager sign for them. If they refuse payment, then have the finance manager sign the check indicating they would not accept payment. Put that money into a SEPARATE checking or savings account for the judge to see, if need be.

2) Keep a log of every call you make to them. Communicate in writing, if possible.

Reason I state this is that you need to show that you are making every effort to meet your end of the deal... By attempting to make payments you can refute any claims that you didn't try to pay.

Don

Last edited by BigDinTexas; 12-19-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

they gave me a payment amount and how many months till paid off.... when i signed the paperwork.... i have been waiting for the payment book and to where i have to send the payment....
Just because you didn't receive a statement, doesn't mean you don't have to pay. That is the general rule.

Your case is foggy, but instead of sticking your head in the sand, you need to read your contract line for line and go in and talk to the responsible party. For all you know, you can be 3 months delinquent already, getting dinged on the credit report and facing repo. This is a serious matter.

My other thought is that they were only giving you financing examples, to get you to buy the car, but I'm not sure why they would hand you everything without all the financials in place.

Last edited by alkemist; 12-19-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 AM
ironworker433

to day is a sad day i had to give the car back today ...... so does anyone want to buy a cai for a 06 gt its a k&n cold air intake system does not need a tune to run on ur car ... pm me if any one want it
Old 12-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

"NO YOU CANT TAKE IT FROM ME <death grips wheel>"
Agreed thats a really sad day. I would hate to have to give mine back.
My loan for the car isnt against the car, mom assisted putting one of her accounts against it which gave me a very low interest.
However I know if I skip something she will have the pleasure of driving it away<while squeeling the tires>.