Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roushcharger M90 impressions Day 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 05:48 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Enlighten us as to why you sold it. I was surprised that you did.
There was a whole lo0o0ong thread about it lol. Nothing wrong with the motor atleast I think
Old 01-01-2012, 07:47 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Aight - so its been asked a few times (even by me) and grabber blue's been a little evasive about answering the question as to why he sold his '10 M90. I've found the post after some investigation (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...2-5-0-a-3.html) and I understand why he did. Fortunately, I have not had the same issues (I AM knocking on wood right now!)

I totally understand about the first car thing. I hope it gets better but I don't think it ever really goes away though. Mine was an F150 and as much blood, sweat and tears as me and my father in law put into the thing, it was NEVER right. I hated that pickup and yet, I still miss it from time to time. Especially when someone parks in front of my house It was great having that push bumper to make a little room!!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:53 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I wouldve found it for you guys, but thanks for doing it for me lol. Yeah I really do miss that car, but honestly after the blower install nothing went right (nothing to do with the blower just the fall of events). It was my first car and will always be my baby, but I had to let it go. I still see it every morning going to school from the highway and it does kill me to see it sitting there but with all the things going wrong with it at the time I just got disgusted.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:41 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

^^ that sounds familiar.. my first real car was a 93 Mazda RX-7 twin turbo.. sure, it was a real lemon when I got it used, but I loved that car!

I called her Pamela.. because though she was HOT, b1tch had friggin' problems!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:43 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
actually i owned a blown 10 with the roush m90 and had the VMP 500hp kit. the blown 10 put down 421whp and about 380wtq. my boss with lts, catted x, and a steeda cai put down 421whp and 360wtq. the blown 10 was stronger on the bottom end, at the same time it had more issues with wheels spin. the boss certainly has more up top. in all id say they were damn near raw performance wise and the boss wont heatsoak like the 10 did in the texas summer.
Really couldn't have said it better myself. I loved my M90 on the old car but comparing a 05-10 stang to the newer ones is just silly, straight line performance might be the same when they are blown but you have to drop coin to make those dudes turn like these. As far as the speed factor I don't have time slips for either because the track here shut down 2 years ago but the Boss with nothing done to it is faster than my M90 charged stang that had 10k sank into it.

But to the OP, congrats on your upgrade, the one thing I do miss about that car is the sound.......that was so cool, especially when you bark it next to someone.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:17 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
^^ that sounds familiar.. my first real car was a 93 Mazda RX-7 twin turbo.. sure, it was a real lemon when I got it used, but I loved that car!

I called her Pamela.. because though she was HOT, b1tch had friggin' problems!
Well I got it as a demo with 4k miles on it, and I hate to say it but I think it was driven hard from day 1. When I first had my rear opened up to do my 4.10s (car had 6k on it) the guy doing the install asked if I had ever dragged the car cause the bearings seemed a little rough for such little miles. He said ford bearing do suck and he has seen it before but was a little weird.

I cant complain that bad though cause the car never left me stuck anywhere, except for when the dealer fcked up the rear and I was stuck on the side of a highway. Other than that I loved every minute of that car, but **** happens I guess. Would be cool to find it one day and rebuild it into a beast. stroked/forged/blown/slammed
Old 01-02-2012, 09:35 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Well I got it as a demo with 4k miles on it, and I hate to say it but I think it was driven hard from day 1. When I first had my rear opened up to do my 4.10s (car had 6k on it) the guy doing the install asked if I had ever dragged the car cause the bearings seemed a little rough for such little miles. He said ford bearing do suck and he has seen it before but was a little weird.

I cant complain that bad though cause the car never left me stuck anywhere, except for when the dealer fcked up the rear and I was stuck on the side of a highway. Other than that I loved every minute of that car, but **** happens I guess. Would be cool to find it one day and rebuild it into a beast. stroked/forged/blown/slammed
Man...it's hard to hear that. I had a '97 autumn orange. The color was seriously the nicest color on any mustang I've ever had or seen. I have few pictures of that car. Unfortunately I fell asleep behind the wheel on Halloween after working and totalled it out. The damage exceeded 1/2 the value. So I took the insurance check and walked and honestly that was the hardest thing I've had to do with a car. The damage didnt look too bad to me and they offered to sell it back to me for around 800 bucks, but I didnt have the money nor place to repair it. I wish now that I had kept it. Money is no longer really the issue. I totally miss that car, but back to reality. I let it go and now I have had to move on.

Enjoy what you have now, but leave the fond and not so fond memories of your '10 where they belong...in the past. You'll feel better about it when you do.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:08 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

For those guys wondering if the M90 is OK for a DD, I can vouch that it is. 48,000 on my 427R, no problems at all with overheating, etc., etc.. 50 miles / day in heavy LA traffic, 15.2 average MPG, which is 1 MPG less than my '06 GT 5-speed.

If you're on the fence about adding an M90 to your daily driver, don't be. You'll be totally fine.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:06 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

To make an 05-10 handle like an 2011 does not take much coin if you simply by the right parts right off. This issue is always being discussed in the handling section, once you go to the better aftermarket suspension parts, these carts handle very well.

No question the Boss's engine is great, because of such a well thought out gear transition and rpm range, a truly beautifully balanced car ride. Erik
Old 01-02-2012, 07:05 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eolson
To make an 05-10 handle like an 2011 does not take much coin if you simply by the right parts right off. This issue is always being discussed in the handling section, once you go to the better aftermarket suspension parts, these carts handle very well.

No question the Boss's engine is great, because of such a well thought out gear transition and rpm range, a truly beautifully balanced car ride. Erik
I see you have a Watts link installed...is it worth it? Wouldnt a good set of LCA's solve it?