Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scosche kit finally here???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:24 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Default Scosche kit finally here???

Hey guys i have been waiting for this kit to come out to finally put a navi in, that metra is garbage looking so I found this release , but when on the website it says out of stock???Maybe there not In yet...errr , anyway what system should I go with without going really crazy cause this thing is 300$ lol

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/pre...012&newsID=530
Old 01-27-2012, 07:46 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I wish I would have seen their booth at CES. I would have bought one!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:47 AM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

Don't go by what it says on the website. call them. I called them 2 weeks ago and they said they were getting another shipment in by the 27th (TODAY!) and they were selling a few at a time over the phone. When I called the guy, he said they just sold one of the few extras they had left.

call them up and tell them you want to order one. I was lucky that a couple of weeks ago there was an audio install place selling a few of the scosche kits brand new on ebay. I am all ready to do the install tomorrow.

so call them up!

also, there are a bunch of good pioneer navs with the 6" screen that are reasonably priced and full of features.

Last edited by bones302; 01-27-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bones302
Don't go by what it says on the website. call them. I called them 2 weeks ago and they said they were getting another shipment in by the 27th (TODAY!) and they were selling a few at a time over the phone. When I called the guy, he said they just sold one of the few extras they had left.

call them up and tell them you want to order one. I was lucky that a couple of weeks ago there was an audio install place selling a few of the scosche kits brand new on ebay. I am all ready to do the install tomorrow.

so call them up!

also, there are a bunch of good pioneer navs with the 6" screen that are reasonably priced and full of features.
Like Bones said, call them, they have them in stock but not at there main warehouse. I received my last week and should be getting my Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT today. Going to get it installed on tomorrow, will post pictures ASAP =)
Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I thought I read somewhere that some of the Bezels have been reported to Drain the battery and Scosche does not have a fix ...
Old 01-27-2012, 10:23 AM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
I thought I read somewhere that some of the Bezels have been reported to Drain the battery and Scosche does not have a fix ...
I haven't heard that. Please post link if you find it. I know it's the same base unit they use for the camaros and taurus
Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Yeah dude I just called they are getting a shipment in today, they orderd a 100 of them, so 300$ plus a radio damn lmaoo I need a good cheap radio lmao with Sirrus radio, any recomandaions?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
Yeah dude I just called they are getting a shipment in today, they orderd a 100 of them, so 300$ plus a radio damn lmaoo I need a good cheap radio lmao with Sirrus radio, any recomandaions?
Don't cheap out dude, your going to regret it. Might as well go big or go home Just playing but you don't want to spend the money and money on getting it installed now then have to do it all over again when you realize you should have done it right the first time.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

I have a Pioneer AVIC-X930BT that I just got installed a couple of days ago. It is a great unit! It has so many features and you can put Sirius satellite radio on it. Look it up on YouTube. And like Wil said, go big or go home. Its not going to be cheap.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:54 PM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

the Avics are great radios.I got a great deal on a used AVIC-Z120BT and for $45 I got the software upgrade with 2011 maps and it will also upgrade it to a Z130BT. Reviews for Alpines are inconsistent. Avics are solid units. I have a Z3 I have had for 6 years in my truck and it's still working great.

this is something you want to research and plan really well ahead of time. I am doing the install myself so that's saving some $$, but I chose all the harnesses and interfaces myself based on the research.

Quick Reply: Scosche kit finally here???