Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S/C Prep

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Don't take it seriously. Text and tone are relative. Any time bad information pops up, someone's going to pounce on it. You don't need terribly thick skin to brush off a post on a forum.
Very very true. It's never personal until someone makes it so. I'm glad the 17 year old is learning, interning and posting in a forum where he can learn.

I hope he stays here long enough and learns enough to do a job that he loves.

Posts, such as mine, come across brash and nasty. It's not because I don't like the guy, it's more about having it done to me in the past when I didn't know crap. I leap at the chance to correct it.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:56 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xeremeh
Trust me, I can't wait. I was thinking about replacing the entire transmission for a 6 speed later on as well, but just waiting to see how it goes once the Whipple is in. What plugs do you recommend?
The Ford Racing or the HTO's dont bother with the 2 degree colder plugs. A six speed tranny is nice upgrade, I want one too...The Whipple install will give you an good opportunity to learn a whole lot about your car.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:23 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

. What plugs do you recommend?
HT0's by Autolite. I just don't trust the single piece plugs yet. The autolites are tried and true. If you're buying the whipple HO, it should come with a set.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:04 AM
SteveB_RET
1st Gear Member

Xeremeh, I am also in the prep stage for my Whipple SC.. So far I have downloaded and printed out the install instructions and read thru them several times. Things I am buying ahead of time my gauge for A/F and boost, and the E-force belt tensioner brace, oil catch can and maybe new lowering motor mounts to lower the motor for better clearance under the hood. For the guage, I went with Aeroforce interceptor mounted in a vent pod. Plugs into the OBD2 port. I have it installed and so far am happy with the results. Depending on where you buy the Whipple, it may come with new fuel injectors, plugs and a custom tune. Once I order the SC, I will then begin the disassemble process according to the documentation.

Hope this helps
Old 03-20-2012, 04:10 AM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Good on plugs. Just need a gapper. What on clutch kits though? What do ya'll recommend between McLeod and Spec?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteveB_RET
Xeremeh, I am also in the prep stage for my Whipple SC.. So far I have downloaded and printed out the install instructions and read thru them several times. Things I am buying ahead of time my gauge for A/F and boost, and the E-force belt tensioner brace, oil catch can and maybe new lowering motor mounts to lower the motor for better clearance under the hood. For the guage, I went with Aeroforce interceptor mounted in a vent pod. Plugs into the OBD2 port. I have it installed and so far am happy with the results. Depending on where you buy the Whipple, it may come with new fuel injectors, plugs and a custom tune. Once I order the SC, I will then begin the disassemble process according to the documentation.

Hope this helps
Hey, good to hear from you. Where are you getting your Whipple from? I'm having trouble getting someone that'll ship to APO.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Good on plugs. Just need a gapper. What on clutch kits though? What do ya'll recommend between McLeod and Spec?
McLeod. Don't even get me started on Spec...
Old 03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
SteveB_RET
1st Gear Member

I'm going with Lethal Performance....