Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of 2013 V6 Premium 17" Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 01:56 PM
mmdpg
1st Gear Member

If you can swing the money (I think it's about $950) I'd get the pony package. I did, mostly because the wheels you are discussing look like they will be a real pain to clean with the narrow area in the spokes. The pony wheels aren't great but you can get your hand and a rag in them to clean out the dirt and brake dust.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:42 PM
JTN

Originally Posted by mmdpg
If you can swing the money (I think it's about $950) I'd get the pony package. I did, mostly because the wheels you are discussing look like they will be a real pain to clean with the narrow area in the spokes. The pony wheels aren't great but you can get your hand and a rag in them to clean out the dirt and brake dust.
My issue with the "packages" (pony, mustang club, etc) are that they preclude certain other factory options or they add other options like stripes, grilles, etc. that I'm not interested in.

Honestly I'd buy the V6 base if it's radio wasn't lacking the features I want and it had the better LCD dash computer.

And honestly honestly I'd RATHER have a GT and I've even priced out some stripped down GTs, but again the lack of the radio features and the computer in the gauges that you get with the premium packages makes it not as attractive.

I can afford the plain wrought iron sledgehammer or the fancy gilded carpenter's hammer I'd rather have the weaker fancy than the stronger bare bones.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:58 PM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you're in the same situation I was in. I didn't want to exceed 31g so I was either GT base, or get a solid v6. Personally I liked the grill, the spoiler, the tri-bars on the side. I absolutely hated the stripe though so had that removed.

What about the packages do you not like? And I'm sure you could have them remove parts you may not want.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:25 PM
JTN

Originally Posted by ninefooter
Sounds like you're in the same situation I was in. I didn't want to exceed 31g so I was either GT base, or get a solid v6. Personally I liked the grill, the spoiler, the tri-bars on the side. I absolutely hated the stripe though so had that removed.

What about the packages do you not like? And I'm sure you could have them remove parts you may not want.
Well for starters I'm not keen on the wheels of either the pony or mustang club packages. I like the wheels of the performance package but the summer only tires make that a no-go for me. While I am not a fan of the rocker pannel stripes, I do really like the big over the roof stripe option they offer... but that option is a no-go if you take either the pony or mustang club package on Ford's website (it automatically removes the stripe and if you try to put it back on it removes the option package). I'm also not keen on the altered grilles. I like the clean look of the open black grille with the chrome horse in it.

Basically at the core what I want is a dark colored (dark gray or black) V6 Premium with nice looking wheels that have all season rubber and a big stripe over the top. I can only get that with the base premium package, which defaults to the gray 17" painted pocket wheels that I don't like.

I really like the base GT wheels... hell, I really like the base GT... I just wish it had built in ipod controls that weren't a thousand dollar upgrade and a fancier dash. Actually I could live without the fancy dash and the ipod controls if the base GT just had a info computer in it (the thing that tells you routine data like your mpg, etc. that is apparently only in the premium LCD screen models... from what I can tell all the base GT displays is odometer and trip odometer). I can live without all the "track apps" garbage, I just like to see my dynamic mpg so I can adjust my driving habits on the fly rather than having to cipher it at the pump with my iphone. I've seen a demo of the LCD screen showing the dynamic mpg data and it looks really helpful... It's shallow, I know.

I would gladly take a base, stripped down solid color GT with no other options but an info computer if it was available on the base model... but I'm more than likely going to wind up with a fancied up V6 premium with a big stripe on top just to get that LCD screen, the ipod controls, the better stereo, and on and on and on... I just wish the V6 default wheels weren't so blasé.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 PM
JTN

I have a very dumb question that can probably be answered by a trip to a dealer but they are closed for the day here and I don't think this simple question deserves it's own thread:

Do the 2013 Mustang's side view mirrors fold in? If so are they "power fold in/out" like on Ford trucks?

The reason I ask is that someone pointed something out to me tonight that I should have accounted for much earlier: how big is my garage door opening?

I have seen online that the 2013 Mustang is 80.1" wide including the mirrors... my garage door opening is right around 83" wide. Having the ability for the mirrors to fold in would make parking in the garage so much easier... even better if they are power fold in like my dad's F150 XLT.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:39 PM
JTN

OK, Ignore that last post. It's a regular 8' garage door, I was somehow losing a foot somewhere in the opening so I remeasured without the beer goggles. I should be OK.