Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programmer Timming Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:19 PM
mustangdog3

Default Programmer Timming Help

Ok, so i just ordered a DiabloSport Predator. where do i need to set the timming % at. What is the actual timming BTDC on a 09 4.6l.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

You shouldn't be setting anything. The timing should be set by whomever is writing your tunes. When you ordered the tuner, you should have been asked info about your mods and what octane(s) you want the tunes for. The bulk of the power gains are from the fuel trim settings and a host of other parameters, the bulk of which are NOT end-user adjustable. Those things are for the guys that write the tunes like AM and Brenspeed.

If you ordeed the canned tunes from Diablo, then expect about 2/3 the power gain that you'd get from better tunes. Also, I think AM may have started writing tunes for the Diablosport. Most tuners no longer seem to support the Diablo anymore.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:33 PM
mustangdog3

Originally Posted by Nuke
You shouldn't be setting anything. The timing should be set by whomever is writing your tunes. When you ordered the tuner, you should have been asked info about your mods and what octane(s) you want the tunes for. The bulk of the power gains are from the fuel trim settings and a host of other parameters, the bulk of which are NOT end-user adjustable. Those things are for the guys that write the tunes like AM and Brenspeed.

If you ordeed the canned tunes from Diablo, then expect about 2/3 the power gain that you'd get from better tunes. Also, I think AM may have started writing tunes for the Diablosport. Most tuners no longer seem to support the Diablo anymore.
Thank you
Old 06-09-2012, 01:40 PM
mustangdog3

Got my DiabloSport Predator programmer today. Got it installed and it works great. I used one of the custome tunes but what are spark and fuel adjustments used for. I messed with them but it ran like crap so I didnt use them. Just looking for a little info.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Those are user-adjustable IF you know what you're doing. Usually, if there's a problem with the tune, you call the tuner and he may have you make a few adjustments instead of e-mailing you a revised set of tunes.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:35 PM
mustangdog3

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:47 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Who did you buy this predator from? You should have purchased from brenspeed.com, evolutionperformance.com, bamachips, vmptuning, etc. There are a slew of performance shops that deal in mostly mustang tuning.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM
mustangdog3

I got it from Summit Racing
Old 06-11-2012, 01:55 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

You are probably running a canned tune then and could benefit from a Brenspeed or AM tune.

You seem rather new to tuning, so I'd very much avoid changing the spark and fuel parameters. Even with the knowledge, there is additional equipment (such as a wideband O2) that you'd want before undertaking that.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:01 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Did you receive custom tunes from Steeda?
Receiving a custom tune tailored for your car will get you the most performance gains.

Quick Reply: Programmer Timming Help