Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Mustang, 2000 miles - problem #1

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

It is not how anyone is sitting. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. But thank you for telling me about it.

Got the car back...

The found 2 faults in the seat sensors and replaced the Pad. We shall see...
Old 08-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

Well it still does it. The light on the dash comes on as well as the light by the map lights, Yes even with no one in the seat.

Back to the dealer x2.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:27 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
You're doing the right "thang" for your 'Stang! Our factory-trained techs will inspect it thoroughly. How a passenger sits plays a big part too. Sitting improperly out of position or with the seatback reclined too far can take off weight from the seat cushion and affect the decision of the front passenger sensing system. In addition, if the system detects a child's weight is there, it'll deactivate it. Check out the "Airbags" section of your owner's manual for more info: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage.

Luck isn't involved; it's all skill!

Hey everyone -

This is a safety feature; light weight plays a factor. Small and medium objects can be detected by the system. In addition, how your passengers sit can affect it too. Tell your friends to sit upright against the seatbacks with their feet planted firmly on the floor! If they ask why, tell them, "It's my Mustang and these are my rules!" I'd love to see their faces after you guys do this.

Check out more information in the "Airbags" section of your owner's manual: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage.

If any of you need the recall done, you better jump on it! Contact your dealers immediately for more details.

- Thomas
Hey Thomas - I see you quoted everyone but this guy!

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Oh.
What is up with that? Quit trying to be all professional cuz you work for Ford. We're (mostly) dirty old and young men on here. Next time I expect you to demonstrate a little one-upsmanship, okay? rofl
Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Tell your friends to sit upright against the seatbacks with their feet planted firmly on the floor!
What do you think this is a rollercoa....nevermind as I guess for most on here, there isnt a difference for their passenger.

Last edited by PNYXPRESS; 08-20-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Mob Bomber
1st Gear Member

I have 1700 on my '13 and haven't had this problem yet. If they is a TSB for it will you let me know so I can take mine in before I get any problems.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 AM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

Ok back from the dealer...

First the background...

Dash light is on and went off. Multiple times.
"Passenger Airbag Off" light by map-lights is on or off with no one in the seat; random-ish
"Passenger Airbag Off" light by map-lights is on with an adult in the seat

Dealer response; "Cannot duplicate problem"

Things dealer told me;
When no one is in the seat the light "Passenger Airbag Off" should be on - WRONG even says so in the owner’s manual... I called Ford CS and the lady even read it to me right out of the book, light off with no one in seat, light on if passenger is not heavy enough, light off if passenger is heavy enough
The airbag light on the dash is just a random code, the reset it and no problem found - awesome!

I am currently waiting (up to 4 days) for a Ford CS rep to call me back to discuss options.

How is it that the dash light came on, codes were found and yet "no problem found" – rhetorical question.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Haha, some funny comments. I honestly have never looked to see if the airbag light illuminates if someone is in the passenger seat. I just notice the chime if they aren't wearing their seatbelt.

Luck isn't involved; it's all skill!
This post makes me LOL. I don't think I will ever allow Ford to do any kind of work on my vehicle ever again. Pony has been to multiple states. NJ, GA, FL, KY, and a dealer or two in each state and the result = Misdiagnosing, jerry-rigging, inproperly doing a job; all things i've experienced under the hands of what this rep considers "skill."
Old 08-30-2012, 06:40 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jizz
Ok back from the dealer...

First the background...

Dash light is on and went off. Multiple times.
"Passenger Airbag Off" light by map-lights is on or off with no one in the seat; random-ish
"Passenger Airbag Off" light by map-lights is on with an adult in the seat

Dealer response; "Cannot duplicate problem"

Things dealer told me;
When no one is in the seat the light "Passenger Airbag Off" should be on - WRONG even says so in the owner’s manual... I called Ford CS and the lady even read it to me right out of the book, light off with no one in seat, light on if passenger is not heavy enough, light off if passenger is heavy enough
The airbag light on the dash is just a random code, the reset it and no problem found - awesome!

I am currently waiting (up to 4 days) for a Ford CS rep to call me back to discuss options.

How is it that the dash light came on, codes were found and yet "no problem found" – rhetorical question.
"Cannot duplicate problem" is a typical answer and their way of not doing work, just my experience.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

Forgot to mention...

The dealer said it would have to do an extended road test and that one of the reps was going to take my car home... <facepalm>

I said "That is not going to happen"
Old 08-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

lmao.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang, 2000 miles - problem #1