Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bama tuner problems

Old 06-30-2012, 09:34 PM
BearKats15
1st Gear Member

Default Bama tuner problems

I can tell each and everyone of you on this website, DO NOT GET THIS PRODUCT. I bought it and it has screwed up my whole car. The street tune makes the exhaust smell like gunpowder or fireworks, not even exaggerating. Also the average mpg went up and down within 2 mins from 29mph to 9 mph.
then when i switched to the performance tune my miles until empty meter said i have 300+ miles until empty. currently i have less than 1/4 of a tank and it says i have 75 miles left. I bought the combo with the CAI and i LOVE the CAI but i hate the tuner and honestly wish they would fix this or take the product off.

Just a heads up for all of you people out there
Old 06-30-2012, 09:38 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Have you contacted BAMA for help? If it's so bad, just put the OEM airbox and reload the stock tune until you get in touch with BAMA. Sorry for your problems.

Don
Old 06-30-2012, 09:44 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Have you contacted BAMA for help? If it's so bad, just put the OEM airbox and reload the stock tune until you get in touch with BAMA. Sorry for your problems.

Don
^^^ THIS ^^^
Old 06-30-2012, 09:46 PM
BrandonsBlueStang
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear, I ordered a tuner and CAI combo as well about a month ago and both work great, a lot of people on this forum have a BAMA tuner, if you haven't already, contact them and I'm sure they'll get the situation under control
Old 06-30-2012, 09:51 PM
BearKats15
1st Gear Member

i have contacted them, and they told me to switch tunes. i did and i still have problems. i will be contacting them again soon. its just crazy that you spend 300$ for something not to work
Old 06-30-2012, 09:53 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

You do realize there are probably 100,000 mustangs running their tunes with no problems right?
Old 06-30-2012, 09:56 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BearKats15
i have contacted them, and they told me to switch tunes. i did and i still have problems. i will be contacting them again soon. its just crazy that you spend 300$ for something not to work
Hopefully, someone from AM/BAMA will see this soon and make contact... What you describe sounds uncharacteristic of any interaction I ever had with them and evidenced by their posts here whenever someone has had a problem.

If you switched tunes like they said with the problem remaining, then have you tried to reinstall the stock stuff to see if the problem persists? Speaking of which, what are the problems you are experiencing in the first place?

Don
Old 06-30-2012, 10:04 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

1 call to AM then start bashing? That's not cool.....

They're a reputable company and deserve a shot at fixing prior to the bashing.

We're all human and we all make mistakes
Old 06-30-2012, 10:05 PM
BearKats15
1st Gear Member

the stock works fine, but i did not pay 300$ to get a tune only to be able to make it go to stock
Old 06-30-2012, 10:19 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BearKats15
the stock works fine, but i did not pay 300$ to get a tune only to be able to make it go to stock
So you HAVE switched it back to stock? And the problem isn't there? Could be something as simple as something's not securely tightened, was dirtied during install, etc. Give them a call, they'll fix it. Ask for all new tunes and I'm sure they'd be willing to provide.

I love my bama tunes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bama tuner problems