Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a 2013 V6 Premium w/Performace Package

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 08:44 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jizz
Hell, take this guy with you! He got a (sticker) 38,285 for 32,500! Ok Welll it looks like he has the M6 -- so he got a 37,000 for 32,500.
I actually really enjoy negotiating, especially on cars.

Thursday I went to a Ford dealer and was looking for some GT500 swag in their parts department and the sales vultures started circling around mine and I basically told the guy to shove their pricing and the car up his backside (they have a 20k markup on their new GT500) when he was trying to get me to trade into their 2013. That's what he gets when I've told him no politely twice already. BTW - thats not normal for me but he seriously wouldnt stop and kept following me.

The most important part of negotiating IMO is being ready to walk away from a deal that you know is unreasonable and that means not getting attached emotionally. That's hard to do because these Mustangs are almost completely about that and car salesfolks know it.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Varun Kumar Somuri

Talking

Originally Posted by Jizz
Hell, take this guy with you! He got a (sticker) 38,285 for 32,500! Ok Welll it looks like he has the M6 -- so he got a 37,000 for 32,500.
Originally Posted by Sethman29
My gt/cs was 32,500 and it has 402a option of course, lcd u know all the goodies. I can get 26-28 mpg highway in 6th gear at about 1800 rpm. Ive got stock 3.31 though. Picked mine up in katy texas from champion ford. Honestly i cant see where a v6 would benefit you in enough ways to save you that much cash. Keep lookin bud.
Hi Sethman/Jizz/wcgman, thanks for your suggestions. How did you get a $6000 discount on this car i am really surprised and now i changed my mind and i am thinking about GT. Now i understand why the sales guy was laughing when i asked for so many options in a V6.

Walking away and not getting emotional on the car is a good tip on bargaining. Please share more of your tips. Thanks.

Now i am planning for a Premium Automatic GT with just comfort package. I want to add RTR package later to it. I tried to build the car and costs around 37,000$. Do you suggest i can bargain and get it for $31,000(on a car that is already there in the lot).
Old 07-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Sethman29
1st Gear Member

I was originally planning on using xplan plus 1000 dollar incentive plus 750 brochure coupon but i saw the vehicle i wanted online advertised at around 34k i think so i made an offer of 32k and they said they would take 32,500.

But im willing to bet you can get any gt/cs they have on that particular lot for the same price. They had a blue, red, and black at the time also.

Like some of the other guys said, dont get too attatched and let them convince you that "this car" is the only one and theyve got three other ppl trying to buy it and it will be sold tomorrow blah blah. Bs lol

In my case mine was the only one within 1000 miles lol i had so many dealers looking all over. And i was online scoping like a madman. I think you would be happier with a gt. champion ford katy has those as low as 30k for premium. Around 28 for a base
Old 07-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Varun Kumar Somuri

Talking

I was originally planning on using xplan plus 1000 dollar incentive plus 750 brochure coupon but i saw the vehicle i wanted online advertised at around 34k i think so i made an offer of 32k and they said they would take 32,500.

But im willing to bet you can get any gt/cs they have on that particular lot for the same price. They had a blue, red, and black at the time also.

Like some of the other guys said, dont get too attatched and let them convince you that "this car" is the only one and theyve got three other ppl trying to buy it and it will be sold tomorrow blah blah. Bs lol

In my case mine was the only one within 1000 miles lol i had so many dealers looking all over. And i was online scoping like a madman. I think you would be happier with a gt. champion ford katy has those as low as 30k for premium. Around 28 for a base
Thanks Seth that really helps. I checked all their inventory but unfortunately they don't have a car with Navigation unit. I was wondering how reliable Scosche vs Metra dash kit's are ?? I read some really bad reviews about those.

If you guys have any advice on that please share it. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Sethman29
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Varun Kumar Somuri
Thanks Seth that really helps. I checked all their inventory but unfortunately they don't have a car with Navigation unit. I was wondering how reliable Scosche vs Metra dash kit's are ?? I read some really bad reviews about those.

If you guys have any advice on that please share it. Thanks.
Yea none of them had a nav unit mine only has shaker but i guess you could always get a pioneer nav unit. Surely they will come out with some decent head unit bezels. Best of luck buddy
Old 07-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Varun Kumar Somuri

Yea none of them had a nav unit mine only has shaker but i guess you could always get a pioneer nav unit. Surely they will come out with some decent head unit bezels. Best of luck buddy
OK Cool.. Thanks for your advice. I will keep in touch.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Varun Kumar Somuri

Talking

Question again. $32,500 is it inclusive of Taxes and registration ?? I found a deal in dallas for $35,400 inclusive of everything. I just spoke to this guy...

http://www.machaikdesoto.com/new/det...Soto_Dallas_TX
Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

FWIW I have a 2013 V6 Performance Package car - and wouldn't trade it for a 5.0. Really.

Not that I don't LOVE the power and torque of the 5.0 - might even swap one in if I blow this motor up - but the handling and balance and braking of the V6 PP setup is truly astonishing. Try one and you'll see.

Either way - good luck and best wishes!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Smile

Just remember this, there's no replacement for displacement.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:06 PM
FastBreak
1st Gear Member

The v8 is not going to cost a significant amount more in maintenance. It will cost you more up front, and it will cost you more at the pump. In exchange, you get 40% more horsepower

Quick Reply: Getting a 2013 V6 Premium w/Performace Package