Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

plans for the future

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Seraphim118
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
A GT500 swap is a lot of juice if your suspension is still pretty stock. I personally think you should not worry about it right now, get through school and save up the money you'd spend on FI or a swap and after you get your first real job, put that down on a new GT or a gently used GT500 and keep your 08 as a DD. Being your first mustang I guarantee you'll regret getting rid of it if you trade it off. I know I did. I cry myself to sleep in my GT500 every night.

Seriously - you will regret trading or selling it. I totalled out my 97v6 and my wife and I always missed it. We ended up buying one over the net in May and we're happy with it...so just hang onto it
With all of the memories and hard work ive put in this car i know I would regret getting rid of it. So I am in the same boat here lol. The gt500 seems like a great option, especially since I love this body style over the 10-13's. The attachment to my car is why I even consider a future swap haha. Ive still got a few years to mull it over. The thing that originally sparked my interest in the swap was when I saw the rumor of a 4cyl ecoboost that would make more power than my mustang. That fact just bothered me haha.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys! The only way I was able to afford my car was because I bought it when the market was down in 07-08. The car was something like 17,000 brand new
Old 08-18-2012, 03:03 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

You're a young man in college - drive the car, enjoy it, and save your money for more important things down the road.

That being said, if you must spend the money, wheels and tires FIRST. Then, I'd forgo the engine swap and go for a Hellion twin turbo. When the engine blows (and it will), then rebuild the V6 with forged internals.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:58 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Seraphim118
The thing that originally sparked my interest in the swap was when I saw the rumor of a 4cyl ecoboost that would make more power than my mustang. That fact just bothered me haha.
Something to remember is that when you are buying a car if youre a car lover is that you are really buying a snapshot in time. I admit it does bother me to know that the power output levels are continuing to grow, but once you've got that perfect ride for you, just forget about all that. Enjoy yours for all you've done with it. I can't count the number of times that I've heard people when I was younger say "I wish I still had that car." Trust me, it's true.

A friend of mine recently took his dad to a rally and they saw his original Mach 1. It was HIS car literally. He said his dad started crying when he saw that. I might be old school but I've never seen my old man cry so this was kinda tough to hear about.

Just keep this one and have faith that the money will come and you'll get more mustangs down the road if that's what you want without giving up the one you love and will regret getting rid of later. And you can mod yours too Just be ready to have some coin on hand to pay for any unintentional consequences in case you hose something with your mod.