Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beyond sick of this.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Inconsiderate folks every where! I feel your pain.....I had my car 2 weeks and a lady backed into my passenger side rear panel, which had to be replaced. The cost was a little close to $2,500. Thankfully, I knew the lady's boy friend and they ended up paying for the whole thing, without going through insurance. =-)
Old 10-09-2012, 01:56 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Twits!!!!

I've been hit twice while parked. Mine were front fenders each time.

Thing is it wouldnt cost them anything more if they left info or JUST WAITED for you. If they get cited for leaving the scene that will cost them. TWITS!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:53 PM
rbowmar
2nd Gear Member

I believe many of the drivers who are so out of it that they hit a car sitting all by itself, don't even realize they did it--particularly scary because they continue to be a hazard to everyone!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:20 PM
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

I've been hit in a parking lot twice. still have a dent in the dorr from the second one.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rbowmar
I believe many of the drivers who are so out of it that they hit a car sitting all by itself, don't even realize they did it--particularly scary because they continue to be a hazard to everyone!
True. I just watched a lady..big SUV..talking on cell..drive away with the gas pump still attached to her car. Safety release disconnected..was super loud and smacked against her car..and she kept driving slowly while chatting on the phone.

I jumped in front of her and yelled stop. She looked confused, so I told her what just happened and pointed to the hose hanging out of the car.

She had no idea.

Kid at the register said it was the third one THAT DAY.

Crazy.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

It's just discouraging. I work hard to pay my bills and have a tad bit of cash left over for mods here and there.

I just dropped 300 bucks to have the quarter panel fixed in June. The accident happened in August of last year..so it took me nearly a year to get the cash to fix it.

4 months later the same place it hit again..

I could just have the bumper sanded and blended, but at this point, with it being hit twice, it has some warping on it, might as well just take this an an opportunity to get a CS bumper.

Sadly, repairs probably won't come til next year again..
Also, so much for my leather seats and getting wheels powdercoated :/

I hate being embarrassed to drive my car around.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:51 PM
BigRedStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Art161
Sorry about the hit, kput.

Don't count on the police to cite someone who does this, even if they find him/her. I was hit while parked, and no note was left. I found out where he lived, and when the police talked to him, they didn't write a report, so I assume no citation was issued. The police said they don't write reports when there are no injuries. The police did give me his name, telephone number, driver license number, and name of his insurance company. I turned the matter over to my insurance company, and they dealt with him. I collected in full, since he was at fault and his insurance company paid my insurance company.

All that aside, I think the sight lines on just about all cars today are awful. It's probably government regulations. You can't see the tip of the fender and the bumpers stick out from the rest of the car so far that you don't know where the edge of the car is. There have been plenty of posts here from forum members who back their cars in when they park perpendicular to a curb. I used to drive my father's 1963 Pontiac Bonneville occasionally. I think it was about 220" long, but you could see the tips of all four fenders, and neither the front bumper nor the rear bumper stuck out from the rest of the car very much.
I work as a manager for a grocery store, and have the advantage of being able to park next to coworkers that I can trust to not hit my car. Also, the general population is very mature about these things.

A few weeks ago though, unfortunately/Fortunately while I was on my lunch(napping in my car, who needs an hour lunch!?) A coworkers car was Hit by a very large truck, and they took out her whole rear end. The kid got out, checked the damage to the car and drove off. I was able to obtain a license plate number, and so where 3 other people. The police where called and they asked her if she wanted to press charges, which she declined too.

I would've pressed charges on him but it wasn't my decision, at least it was an option though. Maybe the boys in blue around your area need to step up their game.

Side Note: My mother purchased a brand new camaro awhile back, upset that I had a new mustang at the time, and she was driving a real pile. 3 weeks after purchasing the car someone hit her car in the parking lot while she was at work. She found out when I came over to wash cars with her. That was a nice suprise.

Good luck with the repairs Kput. Hopefully some sort of justice ensues, or at least bad karma and they get screwed over.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput

It's just discouraging. I work hard to pay my bills and have a tad bit of cash left over for mods here and there.

I just dropped 300 bucks to have the quarter panel fixed in June. The accident happened in August of last year..so it took me nearly a year to get the cash to fix it.

I could just have the bumper sanded and blended, but at this point, with it being hit twice, it has some warping on it, might as well just take this an an opportunity to get a CS bumper.

Again I am sorry that you are going through this Kput... ...but...

I have a plan for a bad luck run if it ever happens to me...I will recruit some fine looking women to help in an exorcism...paint some symbol on the ground...park the car on it and have them dance naked around it as I chant some weird stuff...now it probably wont do anything in reality...but I will be feeling a WHOLE lot better!! Just thought I would pass this along...
Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput

You're not going to go through insurance on this one? Is your deductible really high or something? That's going to be rough if you pay completely out of pocket, at least if the ins. cuts you a check you can just pay the difference for a CS bumper ($100-ish on tousley ford?).

Sorry to hear about this man, it's making ME angry just thinking about it.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:12 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I was in the back of my work truck (ford E350 panel van) and I feel the van get hit. Look out back and a tourist in a mustang pulling out of his parking space turns the wheel so sharp his front bumper hits my solid steel step bumper. He sees me and decides to pull back into his spot and destroys his bumper even more. Then they pull out and drive away. They didnt stop to see if my paint was smudged!!! Those bastards......I looked at them shaking my head in disbelief smiling..............cause their bumper was all fubar. Good luck returning that rental car. My vehicle was not damaged at all.

Bottom line, people dont care. They just drive off. Good luck OP, sucks that you got hit twice. I would be so upset.

Quick Reply: Beyond sick of this.