Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scosche Wiring harness?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 08:43 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Default Scosche Wiring harness?

Hey guys im buying the scosche kit off a member here and he has the PAC MSFRD1, PAC SWI-JACK. Now he has said they will work with my system just unplug the sync part? I don't have steering wheel controls or sync so i was just wondering if i can go a cheaper option rather then getting that kit. I know the antenna kit is 7.99 i see but besides that i don't see any kit from scosche that has a non sync wiring harness for the stang..any help? thanks guys.

Ps, im hooking up a DDX419
Old 10-25-2012, 04:52 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

I guess no one knows :/
Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

The PAC harness doesn't come from scosche. If you have a non-shaker stereo, you need the cr2-frd1 PAC harness. You can get it from amazon for $72.

If you want to verify the part number of the harness, just go to crutch field and tell them what mustang you have, and then add any head unit that "fits" your car to your cart, and it will give you the part number of the appropriate harness. I did it that way, and then bought all my audio gear from amazon.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
The PAC harness doesn't come from scosche. If you have a non-shaker stereo, you need the cr2-frd1 PAC harness. You can get it from amazon for $72.

If you want to verify the part number of the harness, just go to crutch field and tell them what mustang you have, and then add any head unit that "fits" your car to your cart, and it will give you the part number of the appropriate harness. I did it that way, and then bought all my audio gear from amazon.
Ok great! Question, if I get his harness for a good price will it work for my car or I have to get a non shaker harness? His harness is for sync but i dont know if its compadable for non sync, I don't have steering controls either..
Old 10-26-2012, 05:31 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

If he has a shaker setup, the wiring harness is not the correct harness for your car. I don't know if it will work. All I know about your car is that you don't have steering wheel cotrols or sync, so I'm assuming you got a base interior, but only you know what you have at this point.

If you have a NON-SHAKER system, you need the CDR-FRD1 harness. If you DO have a shaker system, you need something else (and whether or not you have factory GPS matters as well). So follow the steps below to VERIFY the part number of the harness you need.

0) Go to crutchfield.com
1) In the blue menu (on the far left side), click "car audio, video & gps"
2) Click "Find what fits your car" in the popup
3) Tell it what kind of car and stereo you currently have
4) Now shop for a radio - it doesn't matter which one you pick as long as it "fits" your car, but you probably want to select the radio you're buying (if it's still available).
5) Add the selected radio to your cart
6) click "No thanks" on the dash panel
7) Click "Add" on the wiring harness
8) click no thanks on the antenna cable
9) Look at your cart, and you'll see the wiring harness with the manufacturer's part number. THAT is the part number that is compatible with your car.

If the wiring harness the guy selling you is not the same part number, I recommend that you do NOT buy it thinking you can make it work. Instead, go to Amazon and purchase the CORRECT harness.

Don't cheap out with regards to the wiring harness. The convenience of getting the correct part far outweighs the insignificant amount of money you'd save.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
If he has a shaker setup, the wiring harness is not the correct harness for your car. I don't know if it will work. All I know about your car is that you don't have steering wheel cotrols or sync, so I'm assuming you got a base interior, but only you know what you have at this point.

If you have a NON-SHAKER system, you need the CDR-FRD1 harness. If you DO have a shaker system, you need something else (and whether or not you have factory GPS matters as well). So follow the steps below to VERIFY the part number of the harness you need.

0) Go to crutchfield.com
1) In the blue menu (on the far left side), click "car audio, video & gps"
2) Click "Find what fits your car" in the popup
3) Tell it what kind of car and stereo you currently have
4) Now shop for a radio - it doesn't matter which one you pick as long as it "fits" your car, but you probably want to select the radio you're buying (if it's still available).
5) Add the selected radio to your cart
6) click "No thanks" on the dash panel
7) Click "Add" on the wiring harness
8) click no thanks on the antenna cable
9) Look at your cart, and you'll see the wiring harness with the manufacturer's part number. THAT is the part number that is compatible with your car.

If the wiring harness the guy selling you is not the same part number, I recommend that you do NOT buy it thinking you can make it work. Instead, go to Amazon and purchase the CORRECT harness.

Don't cheap out with regards to the wiring harness. The convenience of getting the correct part far outweighs the insignificant amount of money you'd save.
Ok, i went to crutchfield's website and spooke to someone in Chat , they told me to get a PAC C2R-FRD1 so that is what i bought, i hope its right lol
Old 10-26-2012, 12:06 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

*update* I just found out my iPhone 5 won't work with this unit or any double din on the market the requires digital video input/output wtf lol idunno what even to do now
Old 10-26-2012, 03:13 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
*update* I just found out my iPhone 5 won't work with this unit or any double din on the market the requires digital video input/output wtf lol idunno what even to do now
Silver lining - at least you know what your harness requirements are.

Besides, if you do a little research, maybe you can find something in the form of an adapter:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2409737,00.asp
Old 10-26-2012, 05:46 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

They have a 30 pin to lighting but I need a special cord for video and digital audio. That adapter is only digital audio.