Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

about to order new tires please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 06:08 PM
rbowmar
2nd Gear Member

I recommend the P Zero because they are great on dry, the wear is good, and good on wet.The P Zeros are worse than most on snow and ice so if you are trying to get 4-season tires, I would try some other tire.

I solve the ice and snow problem by getting real snow tires for the winter because high performance tires generally don't work well.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM
JThor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sharony1994
I am about to order new tires/rims from american muscle http://www.americanmuscle.com/matteb...elli-stag.html

I just wanted to know if anyone has these and what do you guys think of the pirelis? do they last long? and also are they good for a daily driver that does the ocational pull or 2? Also if possible please post pictures especially if you have windviel blue thanks.
I have the P-Zero Neros on my car. They were the OEM 245/45-19. I really like them for daily driver. I live in Colorado. I think they are really good in the rain. If you are planning to drive in snow, however, they do not work well. I had to get a set of snow tires. They are really only a three season tire.

I have 21k miles on the car and there is still a lot of life in them. I even have done a few autocrosses with those tires with ok (not great) results. If you are really looking for a high performance tire, then the Michelin Pilot Sport of the Bridgestone S-04's would be a better bet, but they are more expensive too. Also, those are summer tires. They are not all season. So, they will not have as good performance in the bad weather.

Can't tell you anything about the wheels other than they look great!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Very few, if any, all season tires are worth a darn in snow. And i STILL don't know why they're listed as "Pirelli P Zero Nero HTR Z III" on the AM site. They're either Pirelli or Sumitomo.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:06 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

P Zero Neros for me have been excellent in the wet overall and quite grippy in the dry as well.

Yes, you can lose grip with them but you can still give the car pretty much throttle before that happens. They also have been wearing very mildly for me. I only run them for about 6 months of the year, but over the past two years of driving on them in the colder months, I still have the little whiskers on the tires along the sides. I expect they'll have to be thrown due to age eventually as opposed to tire wear.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:30 PM
20binafd
1st Gear Member

I don't know why everyone is mentioning the winter performance considering OP lives in california. I don't have much experience as I just bought my first mustang in september but I could recommend against buying a staggered set of tires if you're wanting the most out of a set. Check this out

http://www.americanmuscle.com/gunmet...itto-stan.html

I have this set of summers on my stang and I couldn't be happier with them. They're wide and grippy, but I can also rotate them which is nice since the rear tires get worn so much faster. The low profile nittos grip like glue. Even when the back end get hoppy in the corners, they never let up an inch. I drove them when the temperature went as low as 30 degrees F and they still worked awesome. I don't know if you're decided on a black rim, but the 20' gunmetal shelby really looks great on a white/grey/black stang.