Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 06 gt getting beat by a stock 89 silverado.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

You should be good he might think he is fast he might beat you off the line but you should roast him.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Everyone wants to race a Mustang. I don't get it at all. When I'm driving mine in the summer, I get revved on or someone trying to hammer it at a redlight (when Im not even trying or paying attention) all the time.

The ones I remember most, a truck that was lifted about 4 feet off the ground, a 90's mustang, a badass blue subaru (really, it was sharp looking), a ground scraping completely blacked out Civic and, my personal favorite... a early 90s, rusting out light blue mini van.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
Everyone wants to race a Mustang. I don't get it at all. When I'm driving mine in the summer, I get revved on or someone trying to hammer it at a redlight (when Im not even trying or paying attention) all the time.

The ones I remember most, a truck that was lifted about 4 feet off the ground, a 90's mustang, a badass blue subaru (really, it was sharp looking), a ground scraping completely blacked out Civic and, my personal favorite... a early 90s, rusting out light blue mini van.
So I am not the only one then. That makes me feel better. I just let it go. Have you ever noticed that it seems like at every red light every one wants to jump you when it turns green. Right now I have a guy at work that is itching for a race. He tries it coming to work & going home at least 2 times a week. I give it just enough to keep ahead of him. He thinks that I am on the floor with it. Not hardly. Patience is most of it. The OP is just being talked down to IMHO. If the guy with the Silverado does run him, he is in for one rude awakening.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 PM
BAB GT
2nd Gear Member

The only way he could beat you is if you attached them by the rear bumpers and went in opposite directions.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DFR30
Hi all. Im trying to argue a point with an idiot.
Fixed.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
DFR30

HAHA, he will not race now, says he wants to save gas
Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 PM
95Bluestallion
1st Gear Member

This is the most useless thread on the internet, yet I still felt the need to respond. Go get em, tiger.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 PM
HsvGT
1st Gear Member

Happens to me at least a couple times a week. I am not paying attention and someone beside me jumps off the line really quick. Just makes me laugh. Most of the time I am by them in 3rd without even trying.

Originally Posted by mapitts
So I am not the only one then. That makes me feel better. I just let it go. Have you ever noticed that it seems like at every red light every one wants to jump you when it turns green. Right now I have a guy at work that is itching for a race. He tries it coming to work & going home at least 2 times a week. I give it just enough to keep ahead of him. He thinks that I am on the floor with it. Not hardly. Patience is most of it. The OP is just being talked down to IMHO. If the guy with the Silverado does run him, he is in for one rude awakening.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

A lot of people just rev because they want to acknowledge your car or hear it rev. It's sort of a "Hey, I like your ride" thing. Other people are just idiots. I know what my car runs. I have the timeslips to prove it. If some idiot at the redlight wants to rev up, he can go ahead and think his car/truck is faster. I don't care. Having a huge ***** doesn't make me want to have a whip-out contest with every guy I meet, lol.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 AM
AdamZ

Sorry bud but if your asking this question. You probably will get beat lol.

Quick Reply: My 06 gt getting beat by a stock 89 silverado.