Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

omg another noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 06:48 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Deysha like i said before i have been there 3 times now regarding to brakes (not counting other services) , and each time they manage to screw something up. One time when they were working on my brakes, the mechanic didnt screw passenger rear caliper on correctly and after 1k mile the damn thing snapped in half and almost cause me an accident. I complain to Ford customer and service manager called me the next day. So i went in again but when my caliper was replaced it wasnt like the oem color i had on rather it looked unpainted. So i had to go in again for paint because it started to rust after 2 month, they didnt have silver like the caliper i had on so told them to paint them all black. When i got the car back the paint job wasnt professional neither, there are several spot on the caliper is not painted or chipped. Im just so sick of it, if its not a major repair i rather pay out of my own pocket for peace of mind. Anyways, today without taking my caliper out, i did a thorough inspection best i could and it seems one of two the metal on the caliper is not center like the driver rear side. The metal plate is more to the outer side and seems like the inner side between the rotor has no space. Which i confirm using a business card, it could not slide between the metal and the rotor like the rest. Could that be the reason why im hearing metal squeal in reverse(intermittent)?but why no noise in drive? btw the picture of the metal piece im talking about its not the actual one, the actual one is being blocked wheel spokes. http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/IMG_0005.jpg

I ran my fingers around the inner rotor side and found about an inch of roughness all around the edge. Does that mean, my observation about the metal being off center was correct? again how come i dont hear noise when im in drive? and intermittent in reverse if the metal is making contact with the rotor all along?

Last edited by winkawak; 08-09-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:17 PM
MustangJason502

Do you ever use the emergency brake? It is possible that it could be rusted up a bit, or maybe seizes up on that side. The e brake pads very rarely get changed, so it might be worth checking out.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how the setup is on these e brakes. I do know there is a technical service bulletin for the S197 Mustangs regarding the e brake cable causing the rear brakes to seize up sometimes. Do you feel any brake drag when it happens?

Last edited by MustangJason502; 08-10-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-10-2013, 01:52 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

My 2011 has been the most annoying car I've ever owned regarding squeaks rattles and various annoying noises. Sometimes it makes me wish Toyota made a V8 RWD pony car.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:43 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by winkawak
over sprayed? the caliper was off when they painted it.
Improper reinstallation by 'they'?

The TSB is for water getting into the e brake cable and freezing
while the e brake is engaged.
When released from inside, the caliper does not release.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:31 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your 11' stang, i know exactly how you feel bro. I also need to go in for them to check my driver front suspension, its creaking loudly over speed bumps(any size). I checked my e brakes and it seems fine and i dont feel any drag when letting the car roll forward or backward. I also dont think caliper is sticking, after long drives i would put my hand on all caliper/wheel to make sure they are similar in temperature. Also when i brake my car doesnt pull to one side. The metal plate i mentioned above, i put my hands on after driving and it doesnt seem to be hot or warm. Im starting to think its not the problem i mentioned before. Im still curious to why on that side the inner rotor about a inch around the edge is rough compared to driver rear rotor.......
Old 08-10-2013, 11:43 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Looking around forum trying to find a solution but no luck and found this. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...013-gt-cs.html
It really makes my blood boil, the experiences i have with this dealership, i know exactly how the other members feel. I really regret buying extend warranty, after seeing how the dealership treated my car (few times now). Im really afraid/unwilling to bring my car in, they dont seem to do the jobs right and its not the first time. They are the only ford dealer closest to my house and the next one is 30 min away. Which i dont mind driving there if they are competent but numerous reviews shows otherwise. I have complained and it doesnt seem to do much. This is so frustrating, im running out of options, im only solution is going to a different shop and pay for all the expenses. I wonder how will the creaking over speed bumps work out, since theres a tsb for it and requires a special version of the lower control arm. Being a part time student does not help, i dont think ill have enough money left over after everything else for auto repairs.

Last edited by winkawak; 08-10-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:31 AM
JonnyW
1st Gear Member

My personal advice, don't ever go to the dealer. Ever. I take my car into a small shop owned by a single guy who eats, breathes, and lives for cars. He even lets me work on it with him which is satisfying because I know what exactly is going on and I always come out with better knowledge. Try to find a mechanic like that. Prices are better anyways.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:56 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Thats exactly what i been doing lately, but its hard, most of time these guys dont have online ad or website. Smaller shops like family operated is also great too.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:16 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Its sad that this kind of behavior is acceptable by any dealership. If the owner wants to beat up on his or her car, that's their business but letting a tech do it is a major violation of the trust we place in them to do a good job and treat our vehicles with care.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:55 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by winkawak
Deysha like i said before i have been there 3 times now regarding to brakes (not counting other services) , and each time they manage to screw something up. One time when they were working on my brakes, the mechanic didnt screw passenger rear caliper on correctly and after 1k mile the damn thing snapped in half and almost cause me an accident...
Please keep in mind I’m not a tech or an engineer, winkawak. Therefore, I’m not able to advise to what could be causing your concerns. At this point and escalation might help your situation. You’re also more than welcome to find a different Ford Dealer to bring your vehicle to. Please let me know if I can help.

Deysha

Quick Reply: omg another noise