Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few quick questions

Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 PM
RougeTsutla

Default tinting windows and lights help

I have to thank everyone for the amazing help in my last thread. You are all incredible. I have a few quick questions for you. Im looking to tint my windows and I need to know the legal limits and where is a good place/product to look into. I also noticed that you can change the lights on the inside? I think its with a little more expensive model than I have. I think it was called my color? I was wondering if there was a hack so i could change mine? I wasn't sure if they used the same light system just don't give you a way of changing it?

Last edited by RougeTsutla; 10-30-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:09 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Non-reflective window tinting film or sun screening devices on the front side windows to the immediate right and left of the driver, front side vents, and the rear window cannot have less than 35% light transmission. Non-reflective window tinting film or sun screening devices on the side windows to the rear of the driver cannot have less than 20% light transmission.

AKA, Front windows 35% tint is allowed, rear 20%. That is Idaho state law. However, I'd contact your transportation Affiliate and get a sure answer because i just used google ;p

As for brands, Look for one that carries a lifetime guarantee, even if the person who applies it doesn't. That way in such a case that the person you get it from goes out of business or doesn't cover it, the company stands by their product and will get it fixed for you.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:01 PM
Nunja Business
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RougeTsutla
I have to thank everyone for the amazing help in my last thread. You are all incredible.
SNIP
I also noticed that you can change the lights on the inside? I think its with a little more expensive model than I have. I think it was called my color? I was wondering if there was a hack so i could change mine? I wasn't sure if they used the same light system just don't give you a way of changing it?
Sorry. The "MyColor" feature is not hackable from a standard system. It is a totally different set of lights, etc.
It is ok, but some lights are not changeable so it is not a TOTAL effect like I thought it would be.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:27 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Honestly, I've ridden around with illegal tint since I was driving, not only does it look better but in Texas it helps keep your car from being a 1000 degrees, so if you know someone who will pass your inspection (or you can just roll your windows down before you go in) I would say go for it, not sure how strict they are in Idaho. As far as the LEDS, your only real option is to go in and individually change every LED to the color you want, if you were to get something that you could change the color on it'd be near, if not totally impossible. Either way, that's a really difficult mod, those LEDS are microscopic and to hire a customs shop to do it will cost you a small fortune. My recommendation on that is to just put up with that green... which I don't like either...