Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 V6 Coupe Help Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Thornes

Default 2011 V6 Coupe Help Needed!

I am new so bear with me if there is something that can help me already posted that I have not come across.

In 2010 I bought the new 305HP V6 Mustang from Crossroads Ford in Cary. The car was badass to say the least and I was very satisfied with it. After a few months I started noticing the car would "slingshot" into gears and sometimes it would drag into the next gear. I took the car back to the dealership within 6 months and told them what it was doing and they said the car was not supposed to do that, and they would have their "mustang expert" look at the car. Well, same day about 3 hours later they bring the car back around and said they had to reset the computer and everything should be fine.

My wife and I dove the car home and it shifted fine that day. The next morning I went out to go to work and when I started the car and put it in reverse, it kind of dragged like my old truck when it has low trans fluid. I drove on to work checking acceleration and shifting and noticed that the warmer the car got the more sluggish the shifting became.

I came to these forums and read some tips on the PCM and other things you wizards do and just kept driving the car. Well after a few months the car started do the freaking slipping, slingshotting, and stalling when put in gear so I took it back. They did not offer me a rental, they just told me they would call me when it's ready. After 2 weeks and about 10 phone calls they finally call and said the car was ready. They informed me that the valve body and all 6 speed sensors in the trans had to be replaced per Fords order. they said there was a factory defect in the valve body and ford said to replace it.

The car ran fine for about 4-6 months and here it comes again. This time they reset, retrained the PCM and said since the car was not kicking out codes that Ford considers the car operable and nothing can be done.

Here I am on 3/11/14, and this fkn piece of **** cut off going down the interstate with my wife and child at 70mph and she almost did not stop the car from hitting the middle cable that divides the interstate.

So fellas, I am asking you all. The 2011 Mustang V6 Coupe is a badass ride, but this one I have is a piece of **** as far as I'm concerned if I have to constantly have the PCM reset, The car retrained to shift correctly they can bite this and take it back, only 44k miles and it's freaking me and my wife out.. Any Advise before I burn it to the ground with the local News Station recording it?