Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STOP ASKING!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 01:18 AM
Hunter1

Default STOP ASKING!

I have proudfully had a New Mustang GT as my screen saver ever since they were first unveiled two years ago. I have dreamed about owning one ever since they first were available to order. I told my coworkers that it was my dream car and some day I would own one. It took me both of those first two years to convince my wife that she wouldn't have to dye her hair bleach blonde, start smoking and wear daisy dukes and a half shirt to drive a New 2005/6 Mustang. Well the day finally came when I ordered my Black 2006 Mustang GT Premium/Manual/Dark Charcoal/stock wheels/my color/airbags/alarm/.....June 20th 2006. Well the robot lady is still saying Clean and Unscheduled when I call. I am a very patient person and even though my car hasn't been built yet what is really driving me nuts is having to say "I Don't know!" when my coworkers ask me "When are you getting your car?" Which is at least one or two people per day. I have been lurking on this site for over a year reading all of the forums from you great folks and know that it is worth the wait......but I'm starting to get frustrated with the wait and the annoying question. I live in the Seattle area and they seem hard to get around here too. I look forward to sharing my photo's with you from the mods that I plan on doing when I get it....when ever that day finally arrives if I don't go crazy first..........
Old 10-15-2005, 02:05 AM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: STOP ASKING!

Dude, I hear you on that. I'm on the Lincoln (Everett), and ordered mine through the Navy Auto Source. I'm getting mine after Christmas, and I get the same at work. When people ask me when I'm getting mine, I reply, "Before you get yours!"

JC
Old 10-15-2005, 02:33 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

If you have lurked on these forums, then I hope you have learned one thing: DO NOT LET YOUR WIFE DRIVE THE CAR. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Yeah I had to put up with the when's it coming blues too....don't worry it'll get there
Old 10-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Lawman165
1st Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 10-15-2005, 08:15 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

I had to put up with the same long wait not for the car to come in but from my wife not understnding why I wanted the car so bad. I had been preparing her for the fact that I was going to get the thing since the concept was unveiled.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:52 AM
GATORBAIT9696

I know how you feel. I ordered mine through Navy Auto Source back in April. And I heard it 10 times a day.. PS it will get worse after your car is built. Keep your head up. It is worth the razzing, because when it gets here you can tell them no they can't ride.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 10-15-2005, 02:21 PM
SCstanger
1st Gear Member

Feels the pain on this one ..I ordered mine back in January ...Finally in May it was delivered. During that time I thought I was gonna go crazy. The wait and anticipation is a killer. Be patient cause it is well worth ever minute, second, day and month.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:50 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

oh man, that must just SUCK!!!

Ford is lucky as hell to be the only manufacturer of a mass produced car who can't make enough of them to meet the demand.

Hang in there bro, the wait will only make the day you drive your new car home all that much sweeter.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: andyman

If you have lurked on these forums, then I hope you have learned one thing: DO NOT LET YOUR WIFE DRIVE THE CAR. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Yeah I had to put up with the when's it coming blues too....don't worry it'll get there
[sm=redxX.gif]
Old 10-15-2005, 04:29 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

sorry to hear that, i kind of know how you feel though, even though i ordered it 7 weeks ago it felt like months, btw had it for 2 days now and i cant stop finding reasons to drive. maybe you should order from a dealer here and see if they can ship it to you or something. I also got mine 1200 under msrp.

Quick Reply: STOP ASKING!