Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STOP ASKING!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 07:46 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: STOP ASKING!

ORIGINAL: Hunter1

Great News my car was born yesterday and ETA of Feb 7th......Flat Rock to Seattle.....I can't wait....
Awesome Man...We know the feeling!!!! It will be a great day!!![sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 01-20-2006, 07:58 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Took me five months, and I ordered the thing BEFORE they were even on lots. Went through the same crap with co-workers, wish I had never said a word and just showed up one day with the car. But....they don't say $hit now.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:36 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

eck, i live around seattle too (bellevue)

you should have checked ford of kirkland, they have so many there (which seems to be the only dealership that has any of them in stock...)
Old 01-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

I think I got you all on the wait factor, I too ordered mine early, JAn. of 2005... the dealer told me it would come in Sept. At teh time that wasnt a big deal as I didnt exaclty have the money for it. So Sept. rolls around and no car. I call the dealer, the salesman tells me its on its way. It is now oct. I get the call, ok the car came in (I guess I should mention that I customized a few things, like interior colors/options.). So I'm all excited getting ready to go down to pick it up, the phone rings, "Uh, you wanted an automatic right?", says the salesman. Now the first thing I requested when I ordered the car was that it be a 5spd(no f-ing cpu gonna drive my car), so I informed the salesman of this, he says, " oh right, let me go check it one more time to make sure". Calls me again, " Uh did you want a spoiler on it?". At this point I was livid, as I had A). ordered a five spd, B). ordered the stock spoiler, and C). the 17in. wheels. So without writing the entire conversation, it turned out that the moron had not only ordered it as an auto, but it didnt have the spoiler, the 17 in wheels and the interior was the wrong color. So I got the pleasure of re-ordering the car, now its gonna be an 2006, not an 05. Which means I also get to pay the markup, nominal as it was it was still a markup. So finally the car comes, 5 days before thanksgiving and man, it was so worth the wait. What a friggin car. I dont care what anyone says, no other car on the road poses the same history, the same power, let alone the great look. It is, much to my GF chagrin, my new love. Pics after I lower her.

2006 Black GT
Old 01-21-2006, 03:12 AM
Hunter1

Funny you would say that Chrisc....

eck, i live around seattle too (bellevue)

you should have checked ford of kirkland, they have so many there (which seems to be the only dealership that has any of them in stock...)

After waiting six months I got frustrated and contacted Fords web site and found a Black GT coming in for Ford of Kirkland...I contacted them and dealt with a very very nice sales lady (Amy) whom did a great job helping me...I put a deposit on it before it arrived but they couldn't meet me at XPlan but they were fair and met me half way....so I had the manual black GT with Charcoal Interior and IUP but it was missing the security alarm....I was on my way up to sign the paperwork and I checked the Robot Lady one last time....ONE LAST TIME...The first time in 6 months that she had a diff answer besides YOUR CAR IS CLEAN AND UNSCHEDULED.......She said that your car will be built the week of Jan 16th with an estimated arrival of Feb 7th.....So I was on my way up to Kirkland to sign paperwork on a car that was 1000 more and no security alarm....I called them and to see if they could budge to get closer to the price of X Plan and he said no that he thought that he was being fair (which he was...because he could sell the car for more to someone else). I decided for a thousand dollars and a security alarm I could wait another month since I had already waited 6 and a half months what was one more....Thanks for your input though because they seemed like a really great dealership and Amy was very cool and professional.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:46 PM
UAE_Muscle
2nd Gear Member

it was the same for me,not only that every student in college asked me this question but japanese cars owner were always nagging that their skylines,nissans(350z),and evolutions are a much better car than ur mustang[sm=headbang.gif]