Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steeda Sport or Steeda Ultralight Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 01:54 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Default Steeda Sport or Steeda Ultralight Springs?

Hello, I'm thinking about getting springs for my 2014 GT. I'm going with Steeda because I had Steeda Sport Springs on my 2011 GT and really liked them. I'm just wondering if going a bit lower with the Ultralites is a good idea. I like to be able to run my car through the car wash and other normal day to day things and don't want to worry about bottoming out or scraping. Does anyone know if the ultralites will be too low? Thanks for any advice. Also, I don't plan on doing any other suspension mods at this time other than possibly and adjustable Panhard Bar if needed.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:09 PM
john@steeda

Chain-- Well the good thing is that I have sport springs as of now.. I want to actually go with Ultralites myself.. I have a 2012 5.0 with a list of mods but as far as suspension it is fully complete but I want to drop it a hair more with the ultralites.. You will love it.. You wont have issues as we build our items to work with specs of the car in all ranges yet still not as harsh as other brands as far as drop.. Anything lower I wouldn't recommend as far as spring drop unless you go coilovers. You are looking at 1.25 in the front and 1.5 in the rear.. The sports are a little different being 1" in the front and 1.25 in the rear.

I prefer the Ultralites more so and that is coming from someone who has sports now, who has had sports and other ones in the past, from coilover kits etc..

All the best and give me a shout if you need anything 954 960 0774

John
Old 01-15-2015, 04:49 PM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

I had sports, and switched to eibach sportlines.

The steeda sports perform well, but ride reasonably stiff. The eibach sportlines are much lower 1.7-2.3" but are progressive where the steedas aren't. This means that small bumps are handled better by the eibachs. Bigger bumps are rough as hell but I prefer the super lowness of the eibachs, the steedas left too much of a gap for my tastes.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:26 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by john@steeda
Chain-- Well the good thing is that I have sport springs as of now.. I want to actually go with Ultralites myself.. I have a 2012 5.0 with a list of mods but as far as suspension it is fully complete but I want to drop it a hair more with the ultralites.. You will love it.. You wont have issues as we build our items to work with specs of the car in all ranges yet still not as harsh as other brands as far as drop.. Anything lower I wouldn't recommend as far as spring drop unless you go coilovers. You are looking at 1.25 in the front and 1.5 in the rear.. The sports are a little different being 1" in the front and 1.25 in the rear.

I prefer the Ultralites more so and that is coming from someone who has sports now, who has had sports and other ones in the past, from coilover kits etc..

All the best and give me a shout if you need anything 954 960 0774

John
Thanks John I appreciate the insight. I really like the fact that either way the rear drops a bit more than the front. Gives the car the right stance. I will just need to decide which ones to go with.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:32 PM
jRaskell
2nd Gear Member

When you say car wash, are you referring to those automated washes that pull your car through?

If so, The ultralites may be too low. Mine are, but I'm also running lower profile tires.