Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some stupid idiot hit my car(rant)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:07 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

Default Some stupid idiot hit my car(rant)

So, I went to the mall at the end of the road from my house to get something to eat after work tonight. They have a main driveway that gets you in and out of the mall. I was pulling out of the BK and was making a right hand turn to get onto the main road to get out. There is another road in front of me for the people on the other side to get out onto the main road, kinda like a 4 way intersection. I was making a right hand turn and noticed a car across from me was making a left hand turn. I make my turn and look over and this car is literally right next to me..our mirrors touched. She had pulled out to make the turn at the same time I pulled out. I pull over to look at he damage and she pulled over too..to my surprise there was no damage to my car at all--not even a scratch, but her mirror was knocked off the passenger side. She tryed to claim I came into her lane. and was at fault. I explained to her that I was making a right hand turn and she was making a left hand turn, therefore I had the right of way and she needed to wait for me to go first. SHe was mad and took my info but left before I got hers--luckilly I got her plate# and called the police. I told the officer what happened and he agreed that she was at fault. The officer looked my car over and found no damage either and he gave me her info after running her plate. Now I get to explain to my insurance about what happened and make sure they deny any claims she tryes to make against me [:@][:@] Im fortunate to have no damage, but mad that the whole situation took place [:@] On the brighter side, we must have some strong mirrors

Cliff notes: stupid people should not be allowed to drive [:@]
Old 10-21-2005, 12:35 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Some stupid idiot hit my car(rant)

Stupid people should not be allowed to do a lot of things, reproduce, drive, ect. Certainly it's good that both you and your Stang are ok. The sad part is that it is very likely that intervention from you will be neccesary to ensure that your insurance company doesn't blindly pay her stupid claim and then try to take if off your back in the form in increased premiums. God I hate insurance companies. They do NOT have the best interests of their customers in mind when they pay out all these stupid claims instead of trying to fight them. I beleive the reason they don't bother to fight them is that no matter what happens they are ok because they can just keep jacking up the rates and get away with it.
It's just easier for them to pay out claims no matter how stupid they are because they will just raise everyone's rates to compensate.
Operate any other busniness like that and you will go under, but insurance, nope. Insurance companies are always safe regardless of what happens.
Insurance is the most dishonest, morally bankrupt business in the world. The farging Mafia has a better code of ethics than the insurance companies!

All that said, I think you will be ok by being proactive. Insist that an adjuster looks at your car. When he/she sees there is no damage it will make your case stronger and remove some credibility from hers.
Best of luck with it and hopefully you won't need a jar of vaseline when it comes time to renew your policy!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:50 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 281GT

Stupid people should not be allowed to do a lot of things, reproduce, drive, ect. Certainly it's good that both you and your Stang are ok. The sad part is that it is very likely that intervention from you will be neccesary to ensure that your insurance company doesn't blindly pay her stupid claim and then try to take if off your back in the form in increased premiums. God I hate insurance companies. They do NOT have the best interests of their customers in mind when they pay out all these stupid claims instead of trying to fight them. I beleive the reason they don't bother to fight them is that no matter what happens they are ok because they can just keep jacking up the rates and get away with it.
It's just easier for them to pay out claims no matter how stupid they are because they will just raise everyone's rates to compensate.
Operate any other busniness like that and you will go under, but insurance, nope. Insurance companies are always safe regardless of what happens.
Insurance is the most dishonest, morally bankrupt business in the world. The farging Mafia has a better code of ethics than the insurance companies!

All that said, I think you will be ok by being proactive. Insist that an adjuster looks at your car. When he/she sees there is no damage it will make your case stronger and remove some credibility from hers.
Best of luck with it and hopefully you won't need a jar of vaseline when it comes time to renew your policy!
I hear what you're saying about the insurance companies..Im gonna call them first thing in the morning and make sure that a claim doesnt get paid out. SHe didnt even wait around for the police to show up, so maybe her car was already damaged before this whole incident took place..she did have some dents on her car that will probably be reported to my insurance as well [:@]
Old 10-21-2005, 01:01 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Yup, make sure you do that. You could save a lot of cash. By the sounds of it the other driver is not too level headed which can work in your favor. If she behaves like a screaming idiot she will less likely to have things go her way. Like I said, make sure you insist the adjuster looks at your car as soon as possible so they can't say you got it fixed or something stupid like that. That way the other driver won't have any chance of getting prior damage repaired at your expense.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:06 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

Good point, thanks dude There is really no way she can prove this is my fault..even the police said that. Pisses me off that my baby was almost hurt by some ignorant, stupid driver though
Old 10-21-2005, 02:02 AM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

Always, always always wait for the police to get there, even if the other person leaves after talking to you. If anything, they can be cited for leaving the scene of an accident, and if you stay there it lends credence to your story that they were at fault. Cop thinks, if they didn't do it, why did they leave? Saves a lot of hassle down the road in case someone has forged insurance papers, etc.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:09 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TexaStang

Always, always always wait for the police to get there, even if the other person leaves after talking to you. If anything, they can be cited for leaving the scene of an accident, and if you stay there it lends credence to your story that they were at fault. Cop thinks, if they didn't do it, why did they leave? Saves a lot of hassle down the road in case someone has forged insurance papers, etc.

You make a good point. I gave the lady my info and went back to look at my car and she left--she didnt give me her contact info or insurance. I called the police and explained what happened..the cop believed me and said there was no other way we could have hit. I got her plate# and he ran it to get me her info. Im calling my insurance guy first thing in the morning and explain what happened and make sure they dont pay a claim
Old 10-21-2005, 02:15 AM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

Not saying you did anything terribly wrong. Just for future reference. The instinct is to get information exchanged and get going as soon as you can, after you get hit, even minor, all you want to do is get away from it even if you wern't at fault after it's over. Taking a little extra time to get the police there in even minor fender benders has been really helpful to me in the past.

I gave the lady my info and went back to look at my car and she left--she didnt give me her contact info or insurance
If she didn't give you her contact info or insurance and then just left while you turned around , it's likely she didn't have any. This is a similiar situation that happened to me a couple years ago. The police will run her plates, find out where she lives and arrest her. She fled the scene of an accident. After this, they will check for damage matching your description, hence, they will site her for driving without insurance if she doesn't have any and will likely get her liscense suspended and a hefty fine.

This is what happened to the woman that hit me a couple years ago in a similiar fashion, doing minor damage to both vehicles only.