Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips for new guy please

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 11:17 PM
NoMoreTickets

Default Tips for new guy please

Hello all mustang lovers and enthusiast. My name is Cam i own a 2012 mustang gt 5.0 and a 2004 mustang gt 4.6 ( my buddy takes care of it and drives it) my questions will be pertaining toward my 2012 i got the candy red color and i didnt notice it whn i bought it but theres rock chips and scratches everywhere so i have been thinking of plasti-dipping it. Of course having it done professionally. Is their anything i should know before doing this.? Also it is stock but i want it to have about 700 rwhp so first i wanna tune it and get a better cai idk which r the best or anything so please leave tips. Then im going to put pypes pipe bomb for exhaust then nitrous then save money and get a supercharger. This is my daily driver it will only be a track car like 4 times a year i mainly like to street race random people. So my question is. Are these good thoughts.? What should i do first.? Which company should i go with especially for n2o and sc?
Old 07-19-2016, 09:03 AM
paul_g
1st Gear Member

i got the candy red color and i didnt notice it whn i bought it but theres rock chips and scratches everywhere so i have been thinking of plasti-dipping it. Of course having it done professionally. Is their anything i should know before doing this.?
IMO, Plasti dip is awful. This is of course coming from a detailer.
I would bring the car to a professional detailer and have them fully compound and polish the car, this will eliminate the scratches, then put a coating on it. For the rock chips, they can use Dr. Color chip and will look good when done. I cringe when I see plasti dip... But then again, that is my opinion...

i want it to have about 700 rwhp so first i wanna tune it and get a better cai idk which r the best or anything so please leave tips. Then im going to put pypes pipe bomb for exhaust then nitrous then save money and get a supercharger. This is my daily driver it will only be a track car like 4 times a year i mainly like to street race random people. So my question is. Are these good thoughts.?
If this is a daily driver why would you do this to your car? DD's are for reliability and getting you from point a - point b. (hence an "a to b car"). Your handle is "NoMoreTickets"... Given your last statement to randomly street race people, I would say it should read "NoMoreLicense".

Good luck!
Old 07-22-2016, 08:49 AM
NoMoreTickets

Originally Posted by paul_g
IMO, Plasti dip is awful. This is of course coming from a detailer.
I would bring the car to a professional detailer and have them fully compound and polish the car, this will eliminate the scratches, then put a coating on it. For the rock chips, they can use Dr. Color chip and will look good when done. I cringe when I see plasti dip... But then again, that is my opinion...

If this is a daily driver why would you do this to your car? DD's are for reliability and getting you from point a - point b. (hence an "a to b car"). Your handle is "NoMoreTickets"... Given your last statement to randomly street race people, I would say it should read "NoMoreLicense".

Good luck!

I have gotten 6 tickets within 2 1/2 months of having this car. NONE of which have went on my record bc i get them taken care of to impeding traffic or double parking. Im getting my fathers jeep soon and this will be my summer only car.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:44 AM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

MMMK. So dont plasti dip your car cause it has scratches. That doesnt really fly. just have the paint corrected ie compound if necessary polish then wax. It aint hard. I have plasti dipped my hood and wheels for the fun of it but wont do it again.

If you are looking for 700 hp that is automatically calling for a supercharger. I wouldnt get the CAI if i were you because the SC will come with its own intake so that money would be wasted. SC and headers would probably get you there but then the concern of internal reliability comes into play. You would need to reinforce clutch, rods and the like. How did you land on 700? just go buy a SC off of american muscle for $5k-$6k and have that give you 550-650 and be done.

by the way, this will take a lot of suspension work to get it to the ground. Fly wheel is one thing, pavement is another == $$
Old 07-22-2016, 11:46 AM
NoMoreTickets

I want 700 est bc i want to beat hellcat, gtr.and the main reason for plasti dip is bc i wanna make it bright white and not spend 5k on a whole new paint. Could i use nitrous and supercharger.? I been thinkin of starting off with nitrous just becuase its cheap and easy and i could go get it next month with a sc id have to wait about 6 months
Old 07-22-2016, 12:31 PM
P51C
2nd Gear Member

Fack, I've beaten Hellcats on a 100 horse shot on my stock 2014 GT. Sticky tire is the key and being switched on at the lights. You sure as **** don't need 700 horsepower; this car is A LOT lighter than a Hellcat.

700 wheel you should be looking at a built short block first and you might want to consider upgrading the fuel system. Sounds to me that you don't really know what you are getting into. You aren't just going to bolt on 700 wheel horsepower with a single mod.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:44 PM
NoMoreTickets

Originally Posted by P51C
Fack, I've beaten Hellcats on a 100 horse shot on my stock 2014 GT. Sticky tire is the key and being switched on at the lights. You sure as **** don't need 700 horsepower; this car is A LOT lighter than a Hellcat.

700 wheel you should be looking at a built short block first and you might want to consider upgrading the fuel system. Sounds to me that you don't really know what you are getting into. You aren't just going to bolt on 700 wheel horsepower with a single mod.
Alright thats great man i have been thinking about nitrous u mind telling me where all u got it and how much the install was i just got off phone with livernois motorsports and they said anywhere between 3k-5k
Old 07-23-2016, 10:55 AM
P51C
2nd Gear Member

WTF? I have a $700 NX plate kit that came with a tune as a package from BBR, a $30 NOS bottle heater I plug into my cigar lighter, a $30 nitrous gauge and install took me about an hour or two. 3-5K is ****ing ridiculous.

I run 11.4 at over 120 mph set up like this. I did this to just bring it to the cage limit for the track. I'll probably jack it up to 150 at the last race of the season and shoot for 10s on my totally stock driveline 2014 with a sticky tire out back.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:49 PM
NoMoreTickets

Thats great man.!!!! I wanna be about the same with my 2012 its a manual but i cant install anything i suck at working on cars. What website u go through.? I also want a purge system just for when the ricer revs its 4v next to me