Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mod bug has struck this year

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 02:56 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Default Mod bug has struck this year

Well guys and gals its been awhile since i have done much to my car. The bug hit pretty good this time. I wanted some more power out of my car and the only thing really left to do was a 10% overdrive pulley. To be honest I really didn't know much about it b/c it doesn't seem like anyone ever talks about it. So when i called brenspeed to see what we could do. This is the direction they took me. Little expensive but it really added some torque to my car. I went from 457tq to 505tq. Hell of a gain and you can feel it. That pulley is impressive. IT looks good in there if you look for it.

I also purchased Brembos 6 piston brake kit for the fronts with the 15in rotor. Of course I had to get new wheels but I think this will be a nice change for the car. I would have the brake kit installed by now but I ordered a wheel set from american muscle and they came scratched. They were easy to work with and took them back. I did however have to take all four wheels to the ups store which i thought was odd. To my surprise three of them went missing when I call UPS to see what was going on since I hadn't seen them returned yet. I calle AM and told them what was going on. I had already filled out a report on UPS website for lost items to get the ball rolling. AM still refunded my money right away even before they got there scratched wheels back.

I then order from CJ Pony parts. They did a much better job of boxing and packing but again one came with a good sized chip in the wheel. So they had UPS pick up the chipped wheel from my house and sent me a wheel and tire separate so i could get it a bit quicker. They will pay for the mounting and balancing when i get my receipt. All in all I think next time I ever order wheels and tires Ill just have them shipped separately. I think doing it that way there would be a lot less headache and a much smaller chance of the wheels getting chipped or scratched.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:28 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Nice changes. Would love to see the wheels. The Mustang has taken a break since I am now re-doing a 77 Bronco.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:27 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

When I ordered 4 new tires and rims for my daughter's Focus, I got them from Tire Rack. They did a great job individually wrapping each rim so that no damage would happen. Not a scratch!
Old 05-02-2018, 06:36 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Got Forgestar f14's from A.M. Boxed well and not a mark on them. I guess it can happen though. As long as they make good, I'd be ok. Of course I'm 1/4 mile from the ups depot.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:15 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Yea I can't complain about the service of either company as they provided easy transactions throughout the process. Lesson learned on that front as far as getting them mounted and balanced and then shipped. The shipment from AM the boxes were still in decent shape but you could tell they were not big enough. CJ the boxes were new and basically made for the wheels and tires to be shipped in them mounted.

In a couple of weeks I plan on going to the track to test out the new performance upgrade and see what kind of times i can run. Hopefully the weather holds out and its not too hot out. I expect to be in the 10.9 to 11.1 range in the 1/4. Id probably already be there but i added sound deadening material to the car so that has added more weight than I would probably like but the music sounds much better and of course road noise is not as bad.