Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Stereo issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 06:34 PM
DonRoby1969

Default 2007 Stereo issues

My wife has a 2007 GT 4.6, she’s thinking of replacing the Shaker stereo system. The CD player has eaten her cd’s and will not give them back. In addition, the CD player cycles for 30 seconds straight each time we open either door or open the trunk or use the key fob. What’s causing this and can it be fix?

if it can’t be fix economicly, any suggestions on what she should go with. She would like to have Bluetooth, touchscreen, DVD player. Neither of us knows much about stereos and want to have knowledge before going somewhere to have one installed. We are trying to stay in the range of $300 or less for the stereo. Any help, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:33 PM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

get rid of the shaker 500 for sure. go to crutchfield.com and pick out the new stereo you want. they will send all the mounting hardware, wiring harnesses and instructions to install. if you can change your own oil, you can install a stereo, its very simple with basic hand tools. only issue you will run into is the turn on "pop" thru the speakers as the new stereo sends more voltage to the amps to turn them on. its not a big deal, just don't freak out when it happens. they do sell a 12volt to 5volt converter to wire in if you want to alleviate that issue. I will also tell you that I have a pioneer DVD touchscreen with lots of bells and whistles and I have never once played a DVD in it. the Bluetooth is great and if you live in a heavily populated area, look into getting one with HD radio built in. if you go with amazon or somewhere else, you will have to buy the stuff separate (stereo, dash kit, harness) could be cheaper and there are plenty of videos on how to get the shaker out and new one in. good luck
Old 10-28-2018, 01:55 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Amp turn on lead only needs a 1.5K ohm resister to the factory wire for the soft
turn on. You do not need to buy any adapters or converter; just a 1.5K ohm
resister. I am using one, it's perfect. If you plan on an aftermarket where
you have to splice and wire everything, there are wire harness kits that
include the resister. It goes on J4, which is the Subwooofer output, and
amp turn on.

Eonon has an Android radio for ford. I got an Eonon unit, but I had to get all the
adapters and wire it all manually. They are fantastic, and the same cost as any
decent head unit, and will totally wake up the system. The EONON will be less
than $300 total, plug right in to your factory harnesses.

Mine:

Torque works, Kodi works, all kinds of stuff:

Just need an ELM327 adapter, Wifi or BT, and even USB if compatible.

Best thing I got for a car, can do just about anything any android tablet can do,
but right at your finger-tips in the car.

Last edited by 08'MustangDude; 10-29-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:30 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I fixed my stock shaker when it started eating CD's. Bought a new CD mechanism from Aliexpress (Part of Alibaba) for $75. Installed it and zero problems for the last 5 or 6 months. If you want to replace the stock head unit. 08'Mustang has done it most recently while retaining some of the other Shaker stock components (like amps for the front subs).
Old 10-29-2018, 03:13 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

FORDs are known to have these jamming issues with their in-radio cd changers. Some
can be fixed, there are videos on how, and some won't fix... I tried to fix mine, it lasted
one power on cycle, then jammed again... So, I replaced it with the Eonon unit.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:48 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Pretty much ALL of them jam in time regardless of who the MFG is. They are in a harsh environment so over time, dirt/dust/moisture, vibration and heat kills the delicate gears/rubber parts that are responsible for smooth operation.

I fixed mine and the one in our 06 Escape once. The Escape lasted about a year. Now it's dead dead and I cannot find it on AliExpress. There's a similar one but the company asked the application and refunded my money when it was not an exact fit (difference in mounting bracket that could easily be swapped). The Mustang I fixed once, it lasted about two years and died, so I replaced it with the AliExpress unit. It's been about a year now.