Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaking While Braking Mystery continues

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:27 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
How can you install them wrong? Please tell us. There is one hole in the strut, and
one hole in the sway bar, how can you mess that up?. So, how can it be improperly
installed? Wrong length, is not improperly installed, it's, wrong part. There isn't even
a LH or RH side bias. You can't install them incorrectly, even if they were the wrong
ones, and you installed them, they're not installed wrong, they're the wrong part.

You are not getting wheel shake from links. He's not talking clunks, or vibrations,
he said WHEEL SHAKE. End links are not causing that. They won't even cause
vibrations unless something else is wrong. Sure, bad ones make noise, but they
aren't causing vibrations, or wheel shake.
Outceltj, with all due respect he's right.

Last edited by Dino Dino Bambino; 01-17-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:26 AM
ryu.rules

Thanks for the feedback bro, I will look into it. BTW sry for the mixup, my Mustang has 18' not 20'
Old 01-18-2019, 11:50 AM
ryu.rules

Default Correction: I got 18' factory fitted wheels and not 20'

Originally Posted by ryu.rules
Thanks for the feedback bro, I will look into it. BTW sry for the mixup, my Mustang has 18' not 20'
I got wheel size mixed up with my other car. I got factory fitted 18' wheels that came as a part of Premium package from factory. I thank you all for your feedback and really appreciate your replies, So what should be the next thing I should check now? I don't have any play in the wheels while rocking them side by side or up and down, so I assume the wheel bearings are OK. also the tie rods feels tight. I am getting out of options here. I went to 3-4 different mechanic shops recently and all of them had different opinion. One said let's change lower control arms, second one said may be one of your rites has a broken side wall on the inside, third one said may be ur new Rotors are already warped out of the Box... What????????? At this point I am ready to spend money to fix the problem, but not to just replace everything in trial and error method than most mechanics over here suggests.
I will get the car up on the jack stands when ever I find some free time and try to go over and check everything one by one again. In the meanwhile, I am not taking it to freeway and just driving on city roads under 50 mph.

The funnies thing is that it's so smooth while driving, even on very high speeds 100+ , and the only time i feel that horrible steering wheel shake is while braking. Braking at lower speeds is so smooth that sometimes u just forget that u have a problem until u get up to say 55 mph and have to brake. That moment is very annoying and kills the drive for me...

I would love more feedback from yaall, if you have any other logical reasons please through at me. Thanks... In the meanwhile, I wanted to share a PIC of my Pony with yaall.....

Old 01-18-2019, 10:14 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Well I was with the guy. Rode in the car with surprising wheel shake. He did all the normal stuff such as the thread starter with no improvement. I asked if he installed sway bar and end links as I knew he had ordered them. He did. We swapped them out and it fixed the steering shake. I get that end links are not apart of the steering mechanism. I can't explain why it fixed the issue other than his end links were basically thrown on and loose. They were completely adjustable in the fact each one was so far off it didn't even make sense. It would seem adjustable end links that were far from properly installed were the culprit as we literally got in the car after the work was done and the shake was gone.

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
Outceltj, with all due respect he's right.