Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering 09 v6 vert 70k

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 05:23 PM
tomwas

Default Ow

Owned swapped the switch, good now... They re having 2nd thoughts about selling
Old 10-15-2023, 05:25 PM
tomwas

Double post

Last edited by tomwas; 10-15-2023 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 10-16-2023, 01:14 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Decent price and all but hopefully the electrical issues are just a minor thing and the whole thing isnt toast. Good luck!
Old 10-17-2023, 09:19 PM
tomwas

Okay, I bought the car yesterday, much mold remediation but overall a decent car. Drained water from spare well, left rear quarter was holding water. Drained that. Still think some water is in the panels below the rear windows. Have to access them .. CD player is clicking occasionally displaying six round circles.. Will not accept a CD but says no CD is in it.. Left blinker will only work manually, right blinker works fine. Got the trunk light working, was quite corroded. p.o.pulled all seats but the driver, driver seat supports and runners are heavily rusted.. I did clear the cowl drains, they were clogged with silt and crap. Although there was no other buildup of crap in the cowl just the drains. Oh yeah, there are some ants roaming around the car also ... I just turned 72 on Friday and I'm still playing cars... Keeps me going, life's too short, gotta have fun...
​​
Old 10-18-2023, 06:04 AM
JimC

Since you confirmed the clogged drains, check the smart junction box behind the kick panel on the passenger side. More than likely it was hit with water due to the leak when the drains backed up into the cabin. That is the source of your ongoing electrical issues. The SJB either needs to be cleaned up and cleared of corrosion or needs to be replaced (I think that there is someone who rebuilds them but not sure, a google search should find him).

The CD issue is probably just a failing Shaker unit. They have been known to do what you described without a SJB issue.
Old 10-18-2023, 07:11 AM
tomwas

Thanks Jim, all other functions seem to be normal on the car after the p.o. Changed the brake light switch.. Will check that out in the foot well.
Old 10-18-2023, 03:15 PM
tomwas

I seem to have disabled the car... Disconnected and reconnected the harness clip to the brain while I had the battery connected to clean some corroded connections. Now car does nothing when I turn the key on. I disconnected and reconnected the battery and no chenge... What have I done now. Not used to newer cars, my newest is a 99 528 BMW... Should I leave the battery disconnected for a bit for the system to reset...? Please help, thanks
Old 10-18-2023, 06:33 PM
tomwas

I didn't replug the brain securely enough, duh... Started right up, thought I'd clean the battery posts and now it's just clicking... Not my day. Checked under the carpets, padding is sopping wet from The water intrusion.. More fun
Old 11-09-2023, 09:26 PM
tomwas

Been driving IT for two weeks now, great little car. Really enjoying it... Sold my 96 328 BMW that had serious rust issues. Only 105k on it.. My BMW mechanic gave me $2500 for the car just for the motor... Back to the mustang, pulled interior and carpet completely.. Had the rugs upside down in the sun for three days.. Dried out nicely.. Travelled 4 hours round trip for a good used trunk floor/carpet..Mine was filled with mold like I've never seen before... Fun fact I discovered Checking

production figures.. I also have a 63 mercury comet convertible and only 5757 were built, same amount for the 09 v6 convertible..!! How weird is that... Loving my "new" car..
Old 11-09-2023, 09:31 PM
tomwas

My comet and the mustang

Quick Reply: Considering 09 v6 vert 70k