Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complaint Letter

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 08:50 PM
DjfunkmasterG
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Complaint Letter

ORIGINAL: wildabouthorses

I thought it was interesting how hard the bookeeper who was doing the numbers/papers pushed the extended warrenty onto us. When figuring out payments and how long ...funny how you HAD to buy the extended warrenty if you went with the longest years. Anyway because she pushed certain interest rates and this warrenty stuff at us we said give us a chance to check our own bank and lets see what they come up with. Well the bank gave us a better interest and loan so went with our bank. First time I've ever heard we HAD to buy the extended warrenty to get the longer years loan even with excellent credit for 30 years!
That total BS. It is illegal for a dealership to force you into a warranty. All states have laws against that.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:15 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Give me your address and I'll send you a dollar to "buy a clue". I you had spent as much time researching reputable dealers that will treat you fairly, as you have writing this forum and FOMOCO, none of us would be giving to S___!'
There are some great dealers out there. Isn't the price of the purchase your first concern? You can always sell (and get more) toa private party. It was POOR business on your part trying to get top dollar for a car that you KNOW wasn't
in top operating condition..... What were you thinking??
Old 11-20-2005, 10:48 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

So our instincts were right in walking away from that "had to buy the extended warrenty" to get the longer years loan huh? Something just didn't sound right about it anyway. When somebody gets pushy in selling something to us we usually walk away be it a car or appliance. I just want a saleman there to answer questions not to push a sales!