Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Mistake

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 11:36 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: Big Mistake

They put more than 6.5 in it if you were overfull - that or they didn't do the filter [:@] 6.5 was a perfect Full for me as well. I don't think being overfull would make your car leak - sounds to me like they just didn't tighten things up properly.

Curious to know what you find
Old 12-27-2005, 12:35 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tangtang

I agree...take it back to the place make them drain it and give you refund for being stupid. ;-)
My thought on that is that you will waste an hour or more to let Mr. Stupid be stupid again. Fix it yourself, write a letter to JiffyLube corporate demanding a full refund if it will make you feel good, and ride with the knowledge that Mr. Stupid's stupidity was corrected by somebody with competence (or at least by somebody who cares about the car )
Old 12-28-2005, 12:36 AM
Bulitt
2nd Gear Member

well here is the out come i went back up there the next day and told them what they did they were very nice which schocked me but the manager said if it was his new mustang he would be pissed so he gave me 6 quarts of mobile 1 oil a mobile 1 filter so i can do it my self next time and gave me a free oil change 4 later to try and keep my business so i was cool with that he assured me that if i brought it in agian that it would be done right but im not going back im just gonna change it myself from here on out thanks agian 4 all the comments
Old 12-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

hows that stuff work? do you feel more power ? Anyway somebody told me I couldn't use that stuff for warranty reasons. However I have thought about using it for convience reasons.
ORIGINAL: Badash

I changed my own at 1500 miles and put AMSoil in it.. so now it doesnt need an oil change till about 20,000. I checked it last week and with 12000 miles on it the oil is still at the line and still looks golden-ish.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:34 PM
wmscottmc
1st Gear Member

Would somebody (once and for all) PLEASE clear something up for me -- Will using a synthetic oil somehow void your Mustang warrantee? I see comments like this all of the time, but I see nothing in the users manual regarding synth. Is this one of those urban legends, or should I avoid synth oil??????

thanks.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:34 AM
chris_l_usa
1st Gear Member

I never let a quick lube touch my car. Not because of screwing up the amount of oil, because they usually get that part right. It's because like mentioned earlier some idiot ends up leaning over the car or doing something to scratch it. And they never take the blame. I do all of my own maintenance and just keep the parts receipt for warranty purposes. I don't know if synthetic voids the warranty but i just use Ford's parts and oil just to save me from having to argue with them if something does go wrong. Your best bet is to just play it safe and ask ford concerning the warranty.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:50 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

I had the same thing happen to me and it was the oil filter. Simply wasn't tightened properly.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:31 AM
fso119
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wmscottmc

Would somebody (once and for all) PLEASE clear something up for me -- Will using a synthetic oil somehow void your Mustang warrantee? I see comments like this all of the time, but I see nothing in the users manual regarding synth. Is this one of those urban legends, or should I avoid synth oil??????

thanks.
No. Here's what Mobil has to say about it
Myth: Using Mobil 1 will void the warranty on my new car.
Reality:
Mobil 1 with SuperSyn Technology will not void new car warranties, with the exception of the Mazda rotary engine (Mazda does not recommend any synthetic motor oil). Mobil 1 exceeds the API and ILSAC motor oil service requirements for all new vehicles, both import and domestic. If in doubt, always check your vehicle owner's manual or contact your vehicle's manufacturer.
Since most new car warranties call for shorter service intervals than those enabled by Mobil 1 Extended Performance, we recommmend you follow the recommendations in your owner's manual while your car is under warranty.
Here's AMSOIL's take:
Question #1
"I just bought a new car, and I would like to try AMSOIL. Could using AMSOIL void my new car warranty?"

Users of AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil need not fear altering their warranty coverage. The contention that using an after market product like AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil will void your warranty is not true.USING AMSOIL HAS NO EFFECT ON NEW CAR/TRUCK WARRANTIES. Major auto manufacturers and regulatory agencies have determined that warranties must cover all equipment failures they would normally cover that are not caused by the after market product. Consequently, an AMSOIL user's new car warranty still covers all failures resulting from defective original equipment or faulty workmanship by the manufacturer.
The second element of your protection is the AMSOIL Limited Warranty (use AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil as recommended in mechanically sound equipment, and the warranty covers lubricant-related failures). Since AMSOIL motor oils have never once been deemed the cause of an engine's failure, however, this is merely added protection.
BTW Ford rebrands Valvoline for their oil.

All oils including synthentics are manufactured to meet or exceed the SAE standards which Automakers use as guidelines for oil in thier vehicles. So using any brand of oil that meets or exceeds the manu spec is fine. Look up the Magnuson-Moss Act which is the law concerning this matter.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:46 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Guys, for once and for all DO IT Yourself--u read the horror stories about the retard at the Oil Change Place, do it yourself, save yourself the aggravation!
Old 12-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torch red

Guys, for once and for all DO IT Yourself--u read the horror stories about the retard at the Oil Change Place, do it yourself, save yourself the aggravation!
Exactly. These cars are the easiest to change oil on

Quick Reply: Big Mistake