Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm SAD!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:33 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm SAD!

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

I find out how badly American Family it going to try to rip me off this Saturday at 6:30pm.

By the way - a couple of guys told me to zing the Insurance company for a "depreciation" settlement as well. Under a VIN Check you car will show up as being Hail Dammaged and will lower the value of it's worth. You are supposed to be able to recoupe some of that from your insurance company.
Now that is good advice and equates to more mods.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default Update...

Well...

I finally got my appointment with American Family Adjuster...

"They" will only pay $750 for the damage.

Dent Devil wants $1,340 to fix it

Dent Wizard wants $,1795 to fix it.

What a CROCK..... Now I have to take my car to the Dent shop... leave it... let the dent shop contact the Adjuster and have him come to the shop and look at my car AGAIN with the shop and between them, haggle out the price for the repair.

I feel for the shops who keep their profit levels to a minimum in order to get business and then have to do this kind of crap in order to get the insurance paid business.

and - - I have to do without my car while American Family dinks around with the claim.

Thank god I have "Car Rental" on my policy.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

A car cover is a good idea. I just got one for my Mustang and when salt season is over I am going to start using it. We have hail here in the spring and summer sometimes (Chicago). A cover would offer some protection. May be not the golfball sized hail but the smaller ones. I have a car cover for my 03 Monte Carlo show car. When I drive it to work (on the nice days) I cover it and people think I'm nuts but I don't care.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:01 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I have a quote from my insurance company and they $3300 for Paintless Dent Removal. I told the body shop that and they are going to start working with the insurance company. My hood, roof and maybe trunk are beyond PDR and I want them replaced. I would be satisfied if PDR will take care of the roof because that would mean cutting off the old one and welding on a new one not to mention replacing the front and rear glass. I would rather not have nay cutting done if at all possible but I also want the car back to new condiftion prior to the storm.

On another note, I have a good solid lead on a 75 Vette that has been garage kept since around 79. 44K on the odometer and started periodically. The car even has historical tags that comes with it. I think I can pick it up for about 12K. I wonder if I can use it for my rental car?

Old 02-27-2006, 09:25 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Update...

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

Well...

I finally got my appointment with American Family Adjuster...

"They" will only pay $750 for the damage.

Dent Devil wants $1,340 to fix it

Dent Wizard wants $,1795 to fix it.

What a CROCK..... Now I have to take my car to the Dent shop... leave it... let the dent shop contact the Adjuster and have him come to the shop and look at my car AGAIN with the shop and between them, haggle out the price for the repair.

I feel for the shops who keep their profit levels to a minimum in order to get business and then have to do this kind of crap in order to get the insurance paid business.

and - - I have to do without my car while American Family dinks around with the claim.

Thank god I have "Car Rental" on my policy.

aw dude, they are ****** you. You should be getting an entire paint job considering the condition and age of your car.

So sorry to hear the bad news, I would be fuming [:@]
Old 02-27-2006, 11:47 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Update...

Oh lordy. Those pictures are grainy and I can still see some of the dents (especially on top of the passenger door).