Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

recall????

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 10:01 PM
1SIKPONY

Default recall????

i have heard some rumors that there is a recall on the brackets in the windows causing aftermarket tint to be scratched is this true? i have an 06 and my tint has been done twice now, and it is scratching it again, and the tint guy said that he heard there is a recall cause he has seen it before with the new mustangs. i have heard that this can be fixed with some felt but the tint person said no?
Old 02-20-2006, 11:32 PM
cajunmarine

Default RE: recall????

I have noticed the same problem. I have no clue on if there was a recall on this though. I would think that you could get in touch with your dealership and tell them what the problem is. They should be able to tell you if there was a recall on it... I'll check with mine when I get the time.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:36 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

You might want to try another tint guy mines been done for 2 months no problems
Old 02-21-2006, 12:50 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Recalls are issued only when saftey is a factor. So to answer your specific question, no, there is not a recall on the window tint being scratched.

NOW, having said that, there might be a TSB ( technical service bulletin ) issued on the problem. But if there is, I have not seen it yet.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:00 PM
BlackGTCoupe
1st Gear Member

The windows in the 05' and up mustangs have no felt lining on the inner part of the window frame. When the window rolls down, it will coarsely rub any dirt, or particles in the door or on the window against the tint, causing hairline scratches. A good tint shop should and will be aware of this problem with the vehicle, and will apply felt strips to the inside of the door for you for a nominal charge. If your tint shop doesnt have it or doesnt know about it, have them contact "A-terrific Tint" in mission viejo california. One of the finer tint shops in So Cal, and they have been nice enough to sell and ship the felt to other reputable tint shops. Hope this helps

-Christian
Old 02-21-2006, 01:26 PM
RedFireChik
1st Gear Member

I had that problem really bad in my '05. Ford fixed it under warranty.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:14 AM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Recalls are issued only when saftey is a factor. So to answer your specific question, no, there is not a recall on the window tint being scratched.

NOW, having said that, there might be a TSB ( technical service bulletin ) issued on the problem. But if there is, I have not seen it yet.
That is not entirely true. While it is true that most of the issues are related to safety recalls, it is not the only reason that a recall is issued. Recalls are issued for any part, or design that is ineffective, or frequently prone to breakage. I have seen recalls for headliners, air filters, intake housings, you name it. So they can issue recalls for anything. TSBs are usually issued for common problems/complaints for which the problem has not been deamed to affect a large enough percentage of the vehicles on the road.

Something like the tint scratch issue probably will get neither. Since it comes about after customer modification Ford's official stance will be "So what." That said, they may do a design change mid production year, or for a new year, because of consumer feedback. That is most likely what is going to happen.