Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Installing GT Grille - Any Tips for Install?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Most dealerships won't let you return special order items...and I kind of doubt they had the grill in stock. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:02 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ_68
Most dealerships won't let you return special order items...and I kind of doubt they had the grill in stock. Good luck.
They took it all back and gave me a refund for the full amount. The parts guy insisted that he could order another grill that would fit. I told him to order it and if it DOES fit I will pay for it then.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:43 AM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by discodave
They took it all back and gave me a refund for the full amount. The parts guy insisted that he could order another grill that would fit. I told him to order it and if it DOES fit I will pay for it then.
Very nice! Yeah, I'm very surprised he didn't tell you the GT grille wouldn't fit the V6.

Atleast you got the other on order, did he say how long it would take? Also, you paid $400 for that other grille? Did you look online for 2010 Mustang grilles? There are def cheaper places out there
Old 10-07-2009, 09:18 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wise_jonny
Very nice! Yeah, I'm very surprised he didn't tell you the GT grille wouldn't fit the V6.

Atleast you got the other on order, did he say how long it would take? Also, you paid $400 for that other grille? Did you look online for 2010 Mustang grilles? There are def cheaper places out there
The 400 bucks was for the grille, both fog lights, and wiring harnesses. He seems to think this other grille will work but I'm not so sure. You would think that they would be interchangable since the V6 and GT grilles are essentially the same; just the V6 Pony Package grille I have has the painted "dividers" on each side, which isn't part of the grille. The GT one was about 4 inches longer and a few inches taller. Wasn't even close.

I've seen GT grilles online, but again I think the issue is that they are a different size. I may go to the dealer today with a friggin measuring tape and see what the real difference is.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:39 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
The GT one was about 4 inches longer and a few inches taller. Wasn't even close.
I don't see how that can be. Are the bumpers different?? Maybe he ordered an '09 grille?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
I don't see how that can be. Are the bumpers different?? Maybe he ordered an '09 grille?
That's what I'm thinking..... It has been my experience so far that there are FAR too many people (Ford Parts Guys, online mustang parts stores) that fail to know the difference between a 2010 Mustang and a 2005-2009 Mustang.

Most of the online parts places will say "Ford Mustang 2005 and up", when really that's not the case. There are MANY parts that will not fit the 2010, so they need to say "2005-2009" and have 2010 as a completely different category.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:07 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

The parts man at my local Ford dealer says the grilles are not the same size.... I asked while I was checking on some struts and rear shocks
Old 04-29-2010, 09:04 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Alright, this post is old, but thought I'd update it since there are some people out there asking the same questions, and I never posted my results after the other grille came in......

The difference in the GT grille and the pony package grille is that the black piece that's right next to your headlight in the picture above is part of your grille; it's attached to the grille; all one piece. On my grille, that black piece (next to your headlight) is NOT part of the grille; mine's painted white and is part of the bumper..... So you can see that the GT grille is WAY too big for the V6.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:05 PM
eurocobra

It appears that the GT's bumper and grill will be needed. I like the look of the Rousch front facia with fog lights. I wonder if that is a direct fit between the factory V6 foglight connectors and the Rousch front facia fog lights.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:39 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Keep in mind the GT grill is two pieces ... The GRILL itself and the Surround. The surround is the part this is molded into the V6 bumper. The GT grill can be removed from the Surround. Are you sure the GT GRILL itself ... sans the Surround ... won't fit either?

Quick Reply: Installing GT Grille - Any Tips for Install?