Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Fog Lamp Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 09:56 AM
tungstengrey07gt
2nd Gear Member

alright cool. Ill give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. Can you run HID's for these lights too?
Old 08-22-2010, 10:28 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

I believe the fogs are the same as the oem so I would imagine you could.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:29 PM
auburnmiz

The kits are identical but it is slightly less if you order direct from Starkey. The lights are great. Just installed them. The automatic headlights work two ways: if it gets dark the headlights go on or if you turn your wipers on, the headlights go on. If you keep the switch on automatic and pulled out, you never have to touch the switch again. In the daylight with no rain, just the fog lights go on as daylight running lamps. At night or in the rain, both foglights and headlights go on. If you use your brights, the foglamps also stay on. The only problem I had with the directions is that it says that you do not need to remove a screw on the panel for the headlamp switch but you definitely did on my car. The panel would have cracked if I kept pulling without the screw out. I advised the representative from Starkey about this and he was great to deal with. Love these lights and regret each day that I had the car without these fog light. I highly recommend them. They are $339 now at Starkey-products.com at last check, which includes the OEM automatic headlight switch.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:31 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by auburnmiz
The kits are identical but it is slightly less if you order direct from Starkey. The lights are great. Just installed them. The automatic headlights work two ways: if it gets dark the headlights go on or if you turn your wipers on, the headlights go on. If you keep the switch on automatic and pulled out, you never have to touch the switch again. In the daylight with no rain, just the fog lights go on as daylight running lamps. At night or in the rain, both foglights and headlights go on. If you use your brights, the foglamps also stay on. The only problem I had with the directions is that it says that you do not need to remove a screw on the panel for the headlamp switch but you definitely did on my car. The panel would have cracked if I kept pulling without the screw out. I advised the representative from Starkey about this and he was great to deal with. Love these lights and regret each day that I had the car without these fog light. I highly recommend them. They are $339 now at Starkey-products.com at last check, which includes the OEM automatic headlight switch.

lol yeah I forgot that part. I damn near broke mine also trying to pull it like they instruct.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:44 AM
WstSdRdr

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
lol yeah I forgot that part. I damn near broke mine also trying to pull it like they instruct.
I had the same issue. Tried pulling out the assembly for a few minutes and it wouldn't budge. I ended up taking off the knee bolster part of the dash (two bolts) and the installation went much smoother.

Other than that a pretty smooth install. One thing I thought seemed unusual was the fuses that are connected to the new wiring harness just kind of hang outside fuse box area...I just zip tied mine together to make sure they stay out of the way of things...
Old 08-25-2010, 08:37 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WstSdRdr
I had the same issue. Tried pulling out the assembly for a few minutes and it wouldn't budge. I ended up taking off the knee bolster part of the dash (two bolts) and the installation went much smoother.

Other than that a pretty smooth install. One thing I thought seemed unusual was the fuses that are connected to the new wiring harness just kind of hang outside fuse box area...I just zip tied mine together to make sure they stay out of the way of things...
You mean the in line fuse in the little boot? I drilled out the hole on the plastic mount a tiny bit bigger to fit right over the top right fuse box screw (on the outside). Not sure where it was "supposed" to be mounted as I didn't see anything else around there that I could use lol.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:00 PM
gspyer@yahoo.com
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
Ah yeah man, the screw on the splash guard can be reached without moving anything. It's right on the outer edge of the wheel well. The only reason for moving the tire is-

1- To fit the actual fog lamp between the splash guard and fender

2- To screw it in. You won't get your hand in there otherwise.

You also need a stubby screwdriver. A reg length won't fit in there unless you do take the tire off. I should also mention that there are clips on each side that the fog light will snap into so you don't have to hold it in place while messing with lining up screws.

It really is simple to do. The wiring is really cake also.
Ah my kit arrived. Thanks for the advice. Let's see if it works.