Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's
View Poll Results: Boss C-Stripe on 2010 V6?
Yes
37.14%
No
37.14%
I don't care
17.14%
Get a different side stripe
8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Boss Stripe on V6?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 11:30 PM
sno4life
1st Gear Member

I'm surprised by the poll results so far. For the first day I made this thread, the votes for "Yes" were higher than the rest by far. When I checked this morning, the voting results went the other way...
Odd...
Old 01-03-2011, 11:41 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Dude, don't listen to people on here. It's your car, be happy with it and if that means putting BOSS stickers, well then slap and on and be a boss. Chances are you will never run into anyone that hangs out on these online forums out in the real world, so why let them stop you from doing what you want to your car?

I think you would be happy with BOSS stripes, they look good on our 2010+ model year.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

If you want them on your car then go ahead. If you really care what people think, then it might be annoying later. With the real Boss cars returning to the scene your car is going to get plenty of people, who cant tell the difference visually, asking about it. When they find out its a v6, it might be awkward. just my 2 cents. But still, do what you want. Its your money and your car at the end of the day.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:40 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

I am not a fan of labeling a car as one of a higher/more powerful model myself. I am more to the side of leave the labels off and let them guess. I like that the GT/CS has no 5.0 on the outside. Surprises a few....lol

If you like the stripe style, go for it. I would leave off the BOSS lettering and come up with something catchy....
Old 01-04-2011, 01:57 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xcelsius
If you want them on your car then go ahead. If you really care what people think, then it might be annoying later. With the real Boss cars returning to the scene your car is going to get plenty of people, who cant tell the difference visually, asking about it. When they find out its a v6, it might be awkward. just my 2 cents. But still, do what you want. Its your money and your car at the end of the day.
+1 to the questions. Almost all the appearance mods with the BOSS stuff on my car were put on when it was built back in late 07. Ever since the new BOSS came out, i get questioned at least everyday if my car is the new one.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Hamhole
1st Gear Member

Using Photoshop, I mocked up what my car would look like with these C-stripes. I think I like it.

Of course, as soon as the guys at work saw this on my wall, they were like, "NOOOOO...! You're not putting that on your car! It's not a BOSS!"

Last edited by Hamhole; 01-04-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

If you really care what other people think dude above me with the red 2010, just put 4.6 Mustang GT on the stripes. That way it doesn't say BOSS, my car has BOSS on it but I just don't care what anyone else thinks of it.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:39 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

you do actually, putting something on the outside of your car for looks is the definition of caring what other people think.

I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't get a boss stripe. I have seen them on mustangs and trucks for years, some looked good, some didn't. Its just unfortunate now that a Boss actually exists (or will shortly). Do what you want, just don't pretend you don't care what other people think of your car. If you really don't you wouldn't post pictures of it or have it in your sig.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
you do actually, putting something on the outside of your car for looks is the definition of caring what other people think.
That's a little too much of a blanket statement. Putting something on the outside of your car is the definition of making it the way you want. To say that people make there cars look a certain way because we care what people think is a little out there. I'm sure some insecure people do that, but most car people I know are pretty specific about their likes and dislikes. That's called individuality...
Old 01-04-2011, 06:03 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Noooo, I care how about how the outside of my car looks because I have to look at it everyday. If I liked the color pink, my car would be pink, if I liked 30 inch rims, my car would have 30 inch rims, if I think Boss stripes look good (they do) then my car will (it does) have Boss stickers. I like having things fit to my personal tastes.

Other people just get to see it flash down the road, so they can eat a d!** if they do or do not like how it looks.

Don't tell me that "you do actually, putting something on the outside of your car for looks is the definition of caring what other people think. " That is BS.

Is your house painted? If so, you must have done that because you care about what other people think. Or maybe you just happen to like that color... So yeah.

I wouldn't waste a dime on anything just to appeal to other people and their thoughts, I care what I think, and about what I have to look at every day. Come on, are we really in elementary school again?

Last edited by theACE; 01-04-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Boss Stripe on V6?