Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Hood Scoop? Yah or Ney??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 03:23 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the response and honest opinions everyone. Just been going back and forth with this modification past few days so the feed back is much appreciated.

@Jayvee: Should have copied and paste like I did, lol.. Well, if I decide to install it, I will keep it black for awhile, then later when I'm bored of the look, I will paint it ignot silver and add stripes to it. And yes, it's glossy back.

@Jsimmonstx: Thanks for the link. I've had my eyes on those Cervini hoods for a while, especially the Mustang Type 4 Ram Air Hood.

This non-functional hood will be temporary anyways. In time I do plan on getting a functional one. Money is not the issue, just my better can not see the logic of why a person would alter/ modify a brand new car, lol.....
Old 04-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I think it gives the front end an even more aggressive look. I know it's non-functional but so are the side scoops on most of the Mustangs.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:05 PM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

I think it looks terrible. I wanted a scoop for mine there just isn't one that seems to blend into the car very well. But every mans mustang is his own...what the hell do I know.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I like it, but I also like the car without it.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:05 PM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't do it for 1 very big reason. Safety. You drive the autobahn, and can see mph's in excess of 140+...I wouldn't trust 3M for that job. I personally don't like how it looks, but it's not my car. I know you don't want this thing ripping off on the autobahn, and potentially causing a wreck at those speeds. Heaven forbid it hits someone behind you.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:16 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
Thanks for the response and honest opinions everyone. Just been going back and forth with this modification past few days so the feed back is much appreciated.

@Jayvee: Should have copied and paste like I did, lol.. Well, if I decide to install it, I will keep it black for awhile, then later when I'm bored of the look, I will paint it ignot silver and add stripes to it. And yes, it's glossy back.

@Jsimmonstx: Thanks for the link. I've had my eyes on those Cervini hoods for a while, especially the Mustang Type 4 Ram Air Hood.

This non-functional hood will be temporary anyways. In time I do plan on getting a functional one. Money is not the issue, just my better can not see the logic of why a person would alter/ modify a brand new car, lol.....
If you want to provide your wife with justification for a complete hood, show her the before/after pics of my car after it gets the new hood. I'll let you know when the after pics are available.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

not a fan. vents and scoops should be functional or off the car personal opinion. don't decide based on others opinions though, if you like it, that is all that matters.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by MoshpitMad
I wouldn't do it for 1 very big reason. Safety. You drive the autobahn, and can see mph's in excess of 140+...I wouldn't trust 3M for that job. I personally don't like how it looks, but it's not my car. I know you don't want this thing ripping off on the autobahn, and potentially causing a wreck at those speeds. Heaven forbid it hits someone behind you.
Oh, I didn't think of that!

I do think that if you decide to put it on it should be painted and striped to match the car.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
10KonaBGT
2nd Gear Member

I like the way they look, but my car came with one. I don't know about the scoop you have but the factory ones are bolted and taped down, they're not coming off.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

@Moshpit: Thought about that as well. That's one reason why I have to re-do the side window louvers because they didn't stick so well and sure they will fly off on the autobahn. As far as the hoodscoop goes, it's taped and you also have to drilll holes in the hood to install them as well. That's one of the biggest reasons why I'm iffy about it because if I don't like it, then I'm stuck with 4 holes in the hood (unless I get them fixed which will be money I could have used for some other mods)...

@10Kona: Yeah, this hood scoop will have to be bolted on as well..

@Entaille: Agree, the final decision will be mines, just wanted to get some secondary thoughts on the matter ;0)....

Quick Reply: Hood Scoop? Yah or Ney??