Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Baking Headlamps.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 06:07 PM
RogueTadhg

Default Baking Headlamps.

Hi there!

I know this is my second post but I've searched and lurked here for a while...

Getting down to brass tacks:

I've baked open my RX-8's headlamps, and was hoping to find information about the LED bar on these mustangs. I was looking for someone that had baked their headlamp assembly open as well.

I've tried searching without success.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:19 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

I know some people on here have done it to retro fit halos but I don't remember who.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:41 PM
RogueTadhg

Okay, great. Do you know if there's a tutorial or anything like that for the current gen mustang?
Old 07-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Stangbass
2nd Gear Member

From what I've read from one of the guys who retrofitted projectors. Baking the 2010+ headlights is pointless. He said something to the effect that the headlight housing started to melt before the adhesive that held the two pieces together did. He said he had to cut the housing open and glue it back together. I planned on retrofitting and I still may since I my stocks are off the car now, but after reading how much of a pain it was, I broke down and went with an aftermarket set.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 AM
RogueTadhg

Wonderful... welded shut then.

Yeah, it's a giant pita to cut the lamps open. I've heard (and delth with) of tail lights being ultrasonically welded but never headlamps.

I guess I'll buy a single broken headlamp and try it out first. I'll put up a Tutorial, too.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Stangbass
2nd Gear Member

Digging up this thread to recant my previous statement now that I have first hand knowledge on this. I am starting a projector retrofit as a side project. I pulled my headlights out of the attic today. About 12 minutes at 250 degrees, some gloves, a flat head screwdriver, and a bunch of prying and I got the lenses off in relatively good shape without too much hassle. It is easiest if you start prying at the sharp corner with the tab.